Just joined yesterday....saying Hello!

Whitesoxfan41

Reaction score
Hi to all!
I'm Kellie (41) married to Mark (35) and we have decided to give babymaking a try. I have 3 girls from a previous marriage, 20, 16 and 13. Mark and I moved from IL to WY 6with months ago and my younger girls decided to stay with their dad in IL to finish school and my eldest lives in NJ.

Mark and I have been together 5 years but psoriatic arthritis and fibromyalgia kept us from trying to conceive before now. The move out west has been glorious for my health and I am off all prescription meds!

I actually have gotten pg with Mark, 4 years ago, but ended in m/c. I figure that is a good sign at least, that his swimmers were working back then. My concern is that I will not be my normal fertile self at 41the and having gained quite a bit of weight from meds and quitting smoking.

I am not comfortable telling most of my family or friends about trying, they have all been very negative about the idea and my two youngest will not want attention taken from them. No worries, it is high time I did something for me, and for my husband. He is an amazing guy and will be a fabulous daddy if we are so blessed.

Anxious to meet you all and be a part of the board!

Kellie

Hi to all!
I'm Kellie (41) married to Mark (35) and we have decided to give babymaking a try. I have 3 girls from a previous marriage, 20, 16 and 13. Mark and I moved from IL to WY 6with months ago and my younger girls decided to stay with their dad in IL to finish school and my eldest lives in NJ.

Mark and I have been together 5 years but psoriatic arthritis and fibromyalgia kept us from trying to conceive before now. The move out west has been glorious for my health and I am off all prescription meds!

I actually have gotten pg with Mark, 4 years ago, but ended in m/c. I figure that is a good sign at least, that his swimmers were working back then. My concern is that I will not be my normal fertile self at 41the and having gained quite a bit of weight from meds and quitting smoking.

I am not comfortable telling most of my family or friends about trying, they have all been very negative about the idea and my two youngest will not want attention taken from them. No worries, it is high time I did something for me, and for my husband. He is an amazing guy and will be a fabulous daddy if we are so blessed.

Kellie

Hi and welcome ,sorry for your loss :( ,and sending you loads of love and babydust :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am 39 (not for long though :nope:) I have tried for almost 2 years I guess. When I started all I did was read about ttc on the internet for the basics, then started the exercising, the supplements, the eating right, the acupuncture and eventually I started getting tested and now I am on the ivf trail. Good luck and hopefully you won't need any treatments.

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Hello, Glad you've joined us!!! If you need a little inspiration--- just check out my journel...You are not alone:)

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I will try and find your journal Wishinmommy! I only have my phone these days for the internet and I have to keep zooming in! :)

Hi!
I too remarried and have decided to try for a baby with my new husband :happydance:I have 2 sons aged 7 and 10 from a previous marriage. My husband and I have been married for nearly a year. I am 37 and he is too.
I have managed to concieve quite easily but unfortunately they do not seem to be sticking!:nope: We are now being referred for fertility help (15th Aug) and are hoping for an easy solution. We are still trying for the minute and again I am getting pregnancy symptoms early on and praying for a BFP by Friday and praying even harder that this one sticks!!! I really hope it all goes well for you.
Our family and even in our minds know that by starting a family again we will be giving up the freedom that we have but the urge I have I cannot give up just yet. I even went back on the pill for 2 whole days after my last M/C but I couldn't continue. As my husband says - it's like I need to keep going until it brings me to my knees!! Hopefully it won't be that bad! LOL
Good luck with it all, let me know how you go, it'll be good to know how someone else in my position does :thumbup:

Welcome
I am almost 41 (aug) ttc with my fiancée, I have dd 18 and ds 16

I have extra weight also I'm trying to loose- that is another journey
Everyone here is great and supportive

Good luck

Hi to all!

Kellie

Kellie, I also suffer(ed) with fibro until we moved west two years ago. We moved from SE Missouri to SW Nebraska. And it was because of the extreme decrease in the fibro that I felt we could try again. :happydance: I had friends ask us to move back a few weeks ago, and I told them a very emphatic NO! My hubby is 41 and I am 40. We have 14 year old twins, who have been begging for a little brother or sister for quite some time now :haha:.
Praying that you will get your BFP very soon!
Andra

Thanks again for the welcome!! After this cycle started 11 days ago, it has just been crazy busy. My girls are only here another week and I will have much more time to keep up. Good luck to all of you! I am so glad to hear that a location move really helped someine else and that I am not the only crazy over 40 trying again. :)

Kellie

welcome! i love this site. it's a great place to ask questions/vent/etc,
especially if you're not "out" yet.

good luck with your journey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g