Just need a mom right now :(

LostandFound

Reaction score
So, i'm 38 weeks and starting to feel my body getting ready to birth. We moved away from friends and family for work a few months before i found out I was pregnant, and I don't have a relationship with my mom anyway.

I've been trying to talk to my OH about being a supportive birth partner, looking for compassion, but i just don't think he knows how to listen and support. His attention span and patience are very short. I have no friends in this new place, nobody to call except him or an ambulance when i go into labour, and I just feel like a i need a mom figure :(

I guess I don't have much chance to look for supportive relationships before the birth but what I can do to relax and not feel so alone?

I'm sorry you're in that situation. Perhaps reach out to a midwife or doula, or look for groups for pregnant women in your area?

I'm sorry you feel that way :( I can kind of relate as dh was in the military for 8 years and I've definitely had similar feelings...I second what pretty bird said, I don't know if you're a church goer but I have found a ton of support through my churches living in varying places.

It can be hard, I grew up without a mother but my DH is supportive and my best friend. Do you have any siblings you can talk to? My brother is across the country but he was someone I could talk to about what I was going through b/c he had 2 DD at the time. Maybe you could keep trying with your partner and get them to see where you're coming from and why you need love and support right now.

I've got no relationship with my mum, its been her choice tbh. I've just had our 2nd, could you possibly go to a breast feeding class or local mum and baby group, just to chat to other mums? I've found that I really needed my partner and best friend but tbh mainly DH. Also make sure you make full use of the forum here, your definitely not alone hun. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->