Just needing some info...

StonesWife

Momma & Wife WTT
Reaction score
Okay long story short, I have a friend who turns 40 on Friday and just went for her first IVF appt. She left a little disappointed and wants to look into some herbs and such before forking over $15,000 for a 17% chance. She was told about a year ago she has low progesterone. I told her I would look into some things... So far I've found info on
*Angus Cactus
*Dong Quai
*Wild Yam
*Flaxseed Oil

Just wondering if I'm on the right track or if there is anything else to mention to her??

Its going to depend why she is low on progesterone, is it because she doesnt ovulate, or she does ovulate but is low after ovulation to keep hold of a pregnancy? If progesterone was her only issue it could be rectified easily with either clomid to help with ovulation or progesterone pessaries after ovulation, Im guessing this as all been tried? As for the herbs I would tell her to go see a naturopath, you can really mess your cycle up totally with herbs if you dont know what you need, angus castus is a classic that can send your cycles wacko and some like the dong quai can only be taken up till you ovulate because they can stop implantation. A naturopath will monitor and help balance out the hormones, they are pretty highly trained and will be far less hit and miss than trying to figure it out yourself.

She ovulates when she has a period but often doesn't have a period...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->