Just over 7 weeks and still no sickness, worrying myself silly

Laura27

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've posted about the lack of MS before but I really thought I would be feeling something by now. I have no nausea, no heightened smell, no aversions...nothing!

I know every pregnancy is different and that not everyone gets MS but I definitely had it with my last pregnancy, and I keep reading missed miscarriage stories where no MS seemed to be a precursor to something going wrong. Pregnancy tests are still showing positive but that doesn't mean anything...

So stressed!! :cry:

You may have ovulated slightly later or something so your sickness may start later. When I was pregnant with my son my MS started at what I thought was 7 weeks but I was actually 6.

Or you may just be lucky this time :) x

I had none of those symptoms either and i was worried about MC... when i had my scan not only did they find a baby with a heartbeat they found another one to! My only symptom was i got dizzy occasionally, i was exhausted at the end of the day and i was excessively hungry. I have still not had any cravings and i will be having my boys in less than 30 days :flower:

Enjoy that you're one of the lucky ones that could have an easy pregnancy :thumbup:

Thank you ladies, it's reassuring to hear other experiences. I just noticed my ticker now has a squidgy baby-looking picture rather than an unrecognizable alien-looking one so that's cheered me up!

I've got an early scan on Thursday, I know i'll be driving myself crazy until then but hopefully all will be well. I'm terrified!!

Try not to worry yourself sick, I never got any symptoms and baby is healthy as can be.

I'm 8 weeks - I've had very rare waves of nausea but nothing if call ms. On Saturday, at 8 weeks exactly, I went off my food. I don't feel sick, but I don't want to eat anything either. Everything tastes like cardboard!!

Had a scan this morning & bubs looks perfect!! No ms doesn't necessarily mean anything at all :hugs:

I'm 8 weeks today and I've had no signs of ms, apart from the very occasional and brief waves of nausea. I, like you, was completely freaking out about my lack of symptoms, as I had a mmc earlier in the year. However, I went for a scan on Friday and to my shock and amazement, we saw a heartbeat. The sonographer said everything looks perfect, yet beside the dizziness I've had for the past week, I've got no typical pregnancy symptoms x

Thank you everyone. I've made a vow to step away from Google between now and the scan! I wanted to be so excited about the scan, I've imagine it so many times....and now this anxiety is taking all the fun out! We're planning to announce to family on xmas day if all well, I can't imagine not doing that now!

I had no MS my first pregnancy and have a healthy 9 month old. Wishing you the best of luck!!!

Enjoy it while you can. I had a twin pregnancy that ultimately didn't make it but it came with the absolute WORST morning sickness. I had to quit my job and could not even stand up from the couch without having a surging increase in nausea.
Right now, I'm about 6 weeks and my only symptom is somewhat tender breasts, severe fatigue, and only the slightest aversion to foods but I think most of that (minus the breasts) has to do with cutting down on the coffee, since I would normally drink at least 3-5 cups.

Sometimes your body may also be in a state where it's pretty much got everything it needs...not that only unhealthy women get sick but I was (still am) also taking cell food so I think maybe being a little more oxygenated is helping a lot with warding off the MS. I've read that most new moms are low on oxygen.

I feel you, though...I keep wanting to take another test just to be sure but that's just paranoia. Also, sometimes it can take up to 8 weeks for the MS to kick in. Don't jinx yourself though, you'll be lucky to be one of the few who get to breeze through their pregnancy.

i wouldnt read on the internet at all about symptoms of pregnancy to compare to my own. our bodies are all different and thats why not only pregnancy symptoms are different for each woman (whether they exist for her or exist with a variety of intensity) but also different for each labor! i worried myself sick all first trimester and its my first pregnancy. something inside me, probably baby! and God, was telling me ill be fine but i just kept reading and reading to see if what im experiencing is going to lead to something bad. ofcourse, on google, if it isnt cancer its something just as bad. my boyfriend's mom didnt experience any ms at all with either of her sons and she only had two kids.

Try not to worry Hun every pregnancy is different and it could be that you are carrying the opposite sex this time. I found with my girl pregnancies my morning sickness was much worse with them then my boys.

I would quite gladly swap my morning sickness with you. X

Laura 27 I could have written the exact same post! I feel the same. No ms apart from odd nausea. I have a scan on Wednesday and feel like I am holding my breath unril I know it's all ok. Lets hope we both have great scan pics and a ton of reassurance by the end of the week xx hugs x

Hey, I'm the same. I'm 7w4d right now (I know exactly when I ovulated so my dates are certain), and I've still had nothing I'd describe as morning sickness. Every so often I'll feel a little sick, but it's mild and usually goes away quickly. It's mostly when I'm either pretty hungry or I've just eaten a bit too much. The only other things I've noticed are I'm really tired, I've gone off salmon (and red meat a little), my boobs are a little tender and I get a bit lightheaded sometimes. But all my betas and progesterone checks have been good and I've got my first scan in an hour, so I'll let you know how that goes.

So my scan went well, saw the sac and everything. My doctor couldn't see the heartbeat when she looked externally, but as soon as she tried transvaginally she found it straight away, 150 bpm. My HCG was good too, up to over 78000 now. I'm just hoping I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't get much morning sickness, or at least not for long.

So try not to stress, you've probably got nothing to worry about! It's really cool seeing that tiny little heart thumping away.

Aw hun I know it's hard not to worry but some women never get MS or nausea. With my DS I didn't get any symptoms at all until I was 8 weeks pregnant and then the MS hit like a ton of bricks to the point where I was sick so much everyday it was just bile (TMI). It might be late coming or might not come at all. Doesn't mean there is something wrong :hugs:

Not everyone gets symptoms. I know more people who had none than people who had any. People don't tend to boost they had no morning sickness but people like to moan when they get it.

Not having it means your body just handles the hormones better. Literally. My midwife told me.

People think that morning sickness is a good sign but honestly it means nothing. Trust me on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->