just pressed the 'm' on my CBFM for the first time...

pavementfan

Reaction score
anyone else in the same position? I'm hoping it will shed some light on my ovulation patterns, as i fear i may not be ovulating, as the last couple of months, haven't got one positive opk :-(

ah well, at least if i'm not then i'll know and can do something about it!!

also going to th drs next week and may book in for IUI... after 13 or 14 months TTC I'm tired of waiting!

Hi ,I used the cbfm and got my bfp on the third month,sadly I am currently going thru a miscarriage ,if I hadn't have been using it I def wouldn't have got my bfp as I also started on vitamin b6 and ovulated late,good luck and hope u don't have to wait long,:hugs::hugs::hugs:Also I missed o loads of times wen I just used opks so the cbfm will def help u ,lots and lots of luck,xxxx

hi there desperado, i am so sorry to hear your news and wish you all the very best should you decide to try again.

thanks for taking the time to reply, great to hear that the CBFM helped. i think that i may be ovulating either very early or very late! oh well, guess i will hopefully find out soon!

I'm currently on my third cycle of using a CBFM and so thankful I am using it as I ovulate earlier than I thought - usually CD12 but looks like CD11 this cycle.

I haven't tried OPKs but I decided against them as I didn't want to be guessing if the line is the same or darker - I can be a little lazy :) With the CBFM it takes the guesswork out for me :)

Do you temp as well? I don't want to be a downer here but the CBFM can only tell you that the right hormones are doing the right things but it can't guarantee that actual ovulation occurs. Whereas temping can confirm ovulation but only once it has occurred which is why temping & monitoring with CBFM or OPKs is the best combination.

I hope the CBFM helps you out and you get your BFP soon :dust:

hi macwooly, thanks so much for your answer (am also originally from west midlands but currently living in Hong Kong!) aah yes, the temping!! i know i should do it, did try one or two months, but i'm freelance and usually get up at different times every day, or forget! perhaps it's time to dust off the trusty bbt thermometer and temp tommorow though!

hope you get yr BFP soon as well :)

hi macwooly, thanks so much for your answer (am also originally from west midlands but currently living in Hong Kong!) aah yes, the temping!! i know i should do it, did try one or two months, but i'm freelance and usually get up at different times every day, or forget! perhaps it's time to dust off the trusty bbt thermometer and temp tommorow though!

hope you get yr BFP soon as well :)

https://whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

Use that link for whenever you need to adjust the temp. I typically get up at the same time to take it for a few and then just start adjusting for the rest of the cycle...hope that helps.:hugs:

This is my second month using the monitor and I really like it. I just had a mc last month and the monitor showed me that I ovulated on CD 11 which is early for me! The ovulation was confirmed via a vaginal ultrasound by my RE. It's funny because with my last son I wasn't even trying to get pregnant. I thought it was "safe" since I was on CD 22 and guess what, I ovulated SUPER late that month lol. I was still temping and only by looking back at my temps was I able to tell that I had ovulated very late. So I think the monitor is a great idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->