• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just saying hello for now

miraclewanted

Reaction score
Hi I am 37 and myself and my partner have been ttc for 11 months now - he had a vasectomy reversal last year. Results were good. However we have been unsuccessful in our attempts thus far.

We have been referred to the hospital for tests. All tests done and go for results on Wed 20th October so a little nervous. However the sting in the tail is the fact that they have said that if a problem is found we will not qualify for treatment on the NHS as my partner has two children with ex wife. I find this unfair as I have never been pregnant.

Anyway on day 31 of what is normally (ish) a 35 day cycle did a test today and yet again BFN (gutted).

No AF as yet but got feeling its on its way.

So thats a bit about me and my journey hope to speak to you all soon.

Poor you, it does seem very unfair as you don't have children.
My hubby has also had a vasectomy reversal and we have been ttc for almost a year, this is our 12 month. like your hubby his results were fine, he's having them re-checked in a couple of weeks. most of my tests were normal except I have a low progesterone 7 days post ov (18 then 21), I'm pretty sure I ovulate, get EWCM and a smiley face but maybe I don't?
FX your results are good and you get your :bfp:soon
:dust:
p.s I'm 38-39 in a couple of weeks so getting scared about my age!

Hi Miraclewanted

I have a friend in a similar position to you. Her partner had a vasectomy reversal but, unfortunately, his didn't work. He already has two grown-up children but my friend has none and never been pregnant. Due to him having children, they cannot get IVF on the NHS and IVF is their only chance of a child now. They have had to save up and are starting their first round of IVF treatment this month now.

It does seem very unfair that the childless partner is penalised for being with someone who has already had children.

I hope things work out for you and you get a natural :bfp: and don't need any medical intervention x

Thank you for the lovely replies, made me feel so welcome here, no AF yet but not too hopeful - its mad that so many people have similar circumstances - Sukisam 38-39 is not old you have time yet - FX we all manage a BFP soon be nice to keep in touch and share experiences.

Nat I really hope your friends have successful IVF first time roudn FX xxxxx:hugs:

The more I think about this the crosser it makes me! A single woman can get IVF more easily than someone whose partner has children!! Big hugs to you Miracle xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->