Just split with daughters father ... What are my rights?

Discussion in 'Single Parents' started by bestfriend26, Jun 5, 2011.

1. bestfriend26

bestfriend26 New Member

Hi there

I have split my my daughters father about 3 months ago. All he does is cause arguments, say he's gonna have daughter then say he won't. Now he is saying he is gonna stop her maintenance.

How can I set up proper visitation so he sees them properly and can't keep letting my daughter down??

Can he just stop paying maintenance?

So confused and stressed.

Please Help

Thank you xx

2. laura1991

laura1991 Mummy to Lily

If he stops paying go through CSA.
    Just tell him if he continues to let her down youll stop contact with him untill he gets a solicitor and does the formal way.
    Try not let it get you stressed :hugs:
    xx

3. JA1988

JA1988 Well-Known Member

Yes just keep offering contact, if he continues to mess you around (maybe try 3 strikes and your out rule) then stop contact and let him now formally that you are doing this until he takes you to court for a contact order. If there is court ordered contact in place then if he messes you around ie turning up late or not turning up at all, then there will be legal repercussions. Also go to CSA and get a proper maintenance agreement set up. It takes several weeks/months, but will be worth it eventually. xx