Just the plain old diaper bag - what do I need?!

AlesiaNicole

Baking baby #2
Reaction score
Oh my. I got a lovely diaper bag at my shower and the other day I decided to start packing it so it was ready. I'm not talking about for the hospital or anything, just in general. I totally forget what I used to carry around in my diaper bag with DS! Diapers of course. Wipes and butt cream. Dirty diaper baggies. Changing pad. I'm going to nurse so I won't need any bottle supplies. What else should I put in it! I feel so silly that I can't remember, but then it has been something like 5 years so.....

Thanks ladies!

All I've added to that is hand sanitiser and a small toy to distract baby. Oh and a change of clothes lo.

Nappies
Wipes
Changing Mat
Sudocream
Dummy(s)
Nappy bags

Spare breast pads for mummy

Vest
Socks
Babygrow
Mits
Hat

That's what I can think of.

Extra outfits in case of blowouts :) And a plastic bag for putting the soiled clothes in (and soiled diapers if you can't throw away).

You're nursing, so breast pads. I always carry a small receiving blanket to put over me when I nurse in public. Depends on your preference.

Pacifier (if you're going to use it, I didn't for my newborn) and paci wipes in case you drop it on the floor.

MOIST TOWELETTES. Seriously, they come in so handy.

All I've added to that is hand sanitiser and a small toy to distract baby. Oh and a change of clothes lo.

Oh my. I got a lovely diaper bag at my shower and the other day I decided to start packing it so it was ready. I'm not talking about for the hospital or anything, just in general. I totally forget what I used to carry around in my diaper bag with DS! Diapers of course. Wipes and butt cream. Dirty diaper baggies. Changing pad. I'm going to nurse so I won't need any bottle supplies. What else should I put in it! I feel so silly that I can't remember, but then it has been something like 5 years so.....

Thanks ladies!

Don't feel bad I am the same way right now, my youngest is 5 and a girl, two girls before her(10 and 9):wacko:. This one is a boy and have no Idea what to even start packing for him giving that there is a 13 yr difference between DS1 and DS2, so I will be stalking to find out:haha:

Extra top for you just incase I always pack extra blanky and socks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->