Just though I'd share this...

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
I came off the pill and was using clearblue digital ovulation tests. They always came up negative at the time I should have been ovulating and I thought I had something wrong with me. Then one day, don't know why but I just thought I would test anyway, even though it shouldn't have been near ovulation and it came up positive. It then came up positive for another 2 days (3 days in total). I thought for sure I'd get pregnant, after months of trying since this was the first positive I'd ever had but my period came 2 days late. I was gutted and gave up. I went back on the pill and forgot all about it. Then the following month, when my period was due I felt really dizzy and tired. I had mild cramps and sore boobs just like my period was on it's way. I normally felt like this 2 or 3 days before it started and on the day have terrible cramps but I'd never had the dizziness or tiredness before. I had a spare test and thought I'd take it not thinking for one moment I'd actually be pregnant but I thought it would stop me getting my hopes up if it still hadn't come a couple of days later... and you've guessed it - it was positive. I think that goes to show how important being relaxed and not thinking about it is.

Thanks for sharing your story.

I definetly support the fact that women should be relaxed when TTC. Statistics show that they conceive when they forget about it. But still, I say that also there are a lot of cases where women are obsessed and get pregnant as well. I guess it has to do on how stressful u put urself in or how ur body works.!

I came off the pill and was using clearblue digital ovulation tests. They always came up negative at the time I should have been ovulating and I thought I had something wrong with me. Then one day, don't know why but I just thought I would test anyway, even though it shouldn't have been near ovulation and it came up positive. It then came up positive for another 2 days (3 days in total). I thought for sure I'd get pregnant, after months of trying since this was the first positive I'd ever had but my period came 2 days late. I was gutted and gave up. I went back on the pill and forgot all about it. Then the following month, when my period was due I felt really dizzy and tired. I had mild cramps and sore boobs just like my period was on it's way. I normally felt like this 2 or 3 days before it started and on the day have terrible cramps but I'd never had the dizziness or tiredness before. I had a spare test and thought I'd take it not thinking for one moment I'd actually be pregnant but I thought it would stop me getting my hopes up if it still hadn't come a couple of days later... and you've guessed it - it was positive. I think that goes to show how important being relaxed and not thinking about it is.

I totally agree!!! I told my OH we were having a break (just to take pressure off him) and 5 weeks later I gave him his best father's day present ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->