Just to add more worry

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
Ended up having to go to maternity triage today after being kicked in the bump by my 2 year old last night and then again by my 1 year old this morning. because I was in pain and baby had not moved they wanted to check me over.
When the midwife plotted my fundel height on the chart she had a look of concern on her face. my baby is already measuring behind and now my bump is too. I have to wait till the 24th to find out if baby is growing.
I've had a previous iugr baby, but he didn't start dropping centile lines till near on 34 weeks. Now i'm worried its happening again and i'm only 24+5 weeks

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 32
So sorry!! I am surprised they're making you wait that long=(

So sorry you have to wait so long for an update :hugs:

So sorry you have to wait hun. Try not to worry if possible. All my pregnancies my fundal height was down by 3-4 weeks. The amount of scans that I had because I was never measuring right. Xx

my midwife wanted to get one done earlier when she saw the results of my 20 week scan but because I already had a scan booked for 28 weeks they wouldn't do another earlier then that

Oh poor you, sending lots of love and positive vibes your way xxx

:hugs: fundal height is seriously unreliable hun :hugs: Every time baby changes position your funda height changes, when a different person does it it changes.

They should have had you scanned straight away if they were really worried hun so id take that as a good sign xxx

:hugs: Sorry you're going through a worrisome time. Hopefully it's just one of those things where "everyone is different". Of course, it very well could just be whoever did the check, too.

There are two techs at our OB's office. Whenever we have one tech, our baby always measures 4-5 days behind (even at only halfway through the first trimester, so that's saying something!), and with the other tech, baby always measures 1-2 days ahead and my fundal height is somehow higher. What matters is that the baby grows appropriately between scans and measurements done by the same person.

Seriously- I was super worried this pregnancy due to multiple losses, so we were getting weekly scans. I went in at 10 weeks with tech 1 and measured 10+2, went in at 11 weeks with tech 2 and measured 10+3, at 12 weeks, back to tech one and measuring 12+1, 16 week scan with tech 2 was 15+2, 18 week scan with tech 1 was 18+2. Drove me mad. After the 16 week scan, DH an I told the office that we refuse to go back to tech 2. She always measures small, says weird things, and freaks me out. Not cool at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->