Just took my first folic acid/multivit!

Dinah

Blessed
Reaction score
Hey :)

So after formally discussing and deciding on a TTC date of Feb/Mar last year I had said to DH I better get some folic acid/multivits as the sooner the better (just in case we go for it sooner lol!). I had planned to do so in next few weeks/month.

Then, came on here and ppl were saying get out and get some - so I did - today! Just took my first and so excited lol :happydance: It's like that first little step towards TTC for which I just can't wait!

I went for Pregnacare Conception. It says you can take it for 3-6mths before TTC also so its about right. Boots had an offer on - 3 for 2 so I'm stocked up till the New Year ;)

Also hoping it might help clear my skin. Came off the pill last July in readiness for all this and my skins been bad ever since :dohh:

Take care all, let me know if you recommend another brand or whatever :)
Dinah

Well congratulations!! I'm excited for you. Can't wait to get to that point, myself.

Thanks! When are you planning on TTC?

We don't have an actual date, just a marker point, I guess you'd say.

When we move in together, I'm going off my pills.. and it'll be whatever happens.

That could be this coming June/July... or it could be the June/July afterwards... Hopefully sooner.

Here's hoping for sooner for you then :D

awww it's so exciting isn't it - a step closer to TTC - good stuff. I was so excited when I took my first one :D x

That's great. I also just started taking prenatal vitamins this week.

Yay! Another one :) Come dance with me *rofl*

Fantastic!! I am going to start taking them asap. I was going to start TTC in the next month or 2 but I havent taken any folic acid so I am a little worried. I keep reaing about taking it 3 months before TTC so I will have a talk with my OH about it.

Hey Cath

Honestly I think the sooner the better and there has been a lot of advice about this recently on the news because sadly Spina Bifida cases have been on the increase. However, I think so long as you are taking it before you become PG its all beneficial so just get started now and don't worry about it :D

Like I say, Boots has a good offer on atm so its worth grabbing them and stocking up!

- Dinah

Thanks and it is a wonderful journey I can tell already!!!

Your little girl looks simply adorable :D

Thanks Dinah, i have been a little worried about that but I am gonna go and get some tommoro. Thanks for the heads up about Boots. Might sound like a silly question but I take it it's 1 a day?

The one I've got (Pregnacare Conception) is one a day. There were some others (Sanatogen I think) that were two a day. I'm terrible for remembering such things so once is enough lol. You take it with/after your main meal (has to be taken on a full stomach).

There were some Santogen ones that included some multivits for your partner too. I nearly got those but apparently he doesn't have to start taking them yet. I'm going to get him some Wellman or similar about a month before we start TTC.

Hope that helps,
Dinah

Thanks, Ill have a good look tommorow for sure!!:happydance:

Thanks and it is a wonderful journey I can tell already!!!

Your little girl looks simply adorable :D

Thank you hun. She is the most cutest thing, but then I am her mum lol.
They grow to quickly tho:cry:

Be lovely for us to all move through the stages together:)

Hooray and congratulations! I took my first last week and couldn't stop grinning all day!:happydance:

So, I went to town today and I bought some folic acid! I went for Pregnacare like Dinah. It makes it feel more real in a way!!:happydance:

Strangely I felt a bit nervous about buying it. Dunno why.

Yay! Go you!! :happydance:

It's great taking it tho, really does make it seem all the more real cos' we've been saying for ages we hope to have kids soon and now.... well we have to cos' I got the folic acid ;)

But seriously, I feel really great about doing something positive in readiness for TTC.

I didn't feel nervous buying it but I can understand the feeling :) I did feel a bit weird asking questions about which was the best one and whether to get multivits for DH but the pharmacist assistant was really great :)

Good luck with the rest of your journey to TTC!
Dinah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->