Just wanted to say hello ...

MrsLF

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new on the site. I'll be 37 in September and came of my pill last November. In my late teens I was told I possibly had PCOS (following an ultra sound) and to continue taking my pill until I was ready to try for a baby. Because of this I saw my doctor in January of this year, since then I have had a further ultra sound (which confirmed my PCOS along with amenorrhea/no periods) and numerous blood tests. I had a call from the consultant last week to let me know that my prolactin levels are elevated which is probably the cause of my amenorrhea/lack of ovulation and I am now waiting for an MRI scan to check if I have a benign tumour on my pituitary gland causing this.

I feel pretty lucky that things seem to be moving so quickly and that hopefully I can be treated for this problem. It still all seems a bit strange though and I am just a little scared that we may struggle to get pregnant. Part of me wants to go crazy on the internet researching this problem and another part of me just wants to ignore it until I can't anymore!

Is it better to be informed or will I just scare myself?!?

Lucy

Welcome :flower:
I find Internet research a bit of a double edge sword to be honest as sometimes it helps to be informed but more often it causes loads of unnecessary anxiety.
I am a bit of a worrier and have a self imposed google ban, lol.
Good luck with everything whether you google or not and :dust: to you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->