Just when you thinking nothing will ever happen...

Abbey08

Reaction score
Hello All: I joined this group this past summer and my hubby (28) and I (26) started TTC #1 in August (2014). I had my IUD removed, tracked my cycle, and symptom spotted til I went crazy! My first 3 cycles of ever trying ended with nothing and I was starting to wonder why…November 1st I decided that for cycle #4 I needed to stop paying attention to my cycle days and symptoms and we didn’t even BD on O day. Sometime in November (cant even say when) I noticed a strong burning or warm sensation in my pelvic area. Was supposed to start my period any day so I made and appt at a “female” clinic hoping to be seen before AF came. Went in this past Friday and before any exam could be done they tested me and it came up positive. I was in shock and although I hadn’t yet started my period I didn’t believe it. I feel that since I made myself stop obsessing over it that I didn’t even consider it an option that I could conceive this month and just assumed the burning feeling was a lady problem. I went straight to target and bought some tests. That night I took and 88 cent target test which came up DEFINITE positive and a Clearblue Advanced Digital Saturday morning which said “Pregnant 2-3”. So I’ll take that as a BFP! Our first ever!! Praying it sticks and everything goes great!!!

My question though, why do docs go off the 1st day of your LMP (last menstrual period) to decide due date? Because I know I didn’t O til 11/15-11/19ish but according to the estimated due date they gave me (8/8/15) puts me at 5weeks 2 days pregnant and I think I would be more like 3 weeks 2 days. Should I consider myself 3 or 5 weeks pregnant?

1st day of last period: November 1st
App has O day between 11/14-11/20
Average of 32 day cycles
Tested positive: December 5th
Estimated deliver date: August 8, 2015

If you have an average 32 day cycle and normally a 14 day luteal phase, a cycle starting November 1 would have you ovulating roughly November 18. Based on that you'd be 4 weeks 6 days today. To me that seems most likely with a 2-3 on a digital this past Saturday!

Congrats!! :flower: Surprise BFPs are the best!

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

May I ask, how close to your O date did you get the burning sensation? I had the same thing around when I THINK I ovulated. I didn't realize until later that I'd ovulated since my period was due! My O was really late so at CD48 I'm only around 10dpo today. What DPO did you get your bfp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->