just wish I new either way!

Oliviapiper

Reaction score
So i'm completely frustrated. I found was I was pregnant 4 days before my period was due. So of course I made an appointment to my doctors and they send me for blood work. It came back low at 97 so he sent me back again. This time it came back at 157. Because it's slowly rising but not doubling I had to go back again two days later and this time it's only 205. The doctor then send me to go get an ultrasound. But if course they couldn't see anything no pregnancy, no sac. The technician said that it may just be too early. From my last period which was August 10 should make me just over 5 weeks but I no I conceived on August 26th. Am I just really early in my pregnancy? Shouldn't my levels still be doubling though?
I'm having no cramping or bleeding so far ( knock on wood).
I just wanna no if this is a viable pregnancy or not. I hate being in limbo.

Technically, your levels do not have to double every 48 hours. It is every 48-72 hours. To me, it seems like yours just don't double every 48 hours. They should have you wait 72 hours and try again.

https://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/
Here it even says they generally double every 72 hours.

I would think as long as they are increasing, you're probably fine. Good luck!

im going through this turmoil too hun...

Sunday 14th September 2399
Wednesday 17th September 3032

scan booked for Thursday 25th. They did a scan on Sunday and only found a yolk sac, keep us posted xxx

Being in limbo sucks! I got a BFP on Aug 20th and was in the ER at what was supposed to be 6W+3D. They saw some fluid but no baby and told me it was probably a miscarriage. I had to spend the week walking around in limbo and i was a bridesmaid in my close friend's wedding so I had to act like nothing was wrong. Stay positive though - my story has a happy ending so far (although it's hard to not expect the worst after so many people have given you bad news).

I returned for a follow up scan in my OB's office a week later (7W+3D weeks) and she saw 2 sacs but again, no baby. She told me it was not a viable pregnancy and wrote me a prescription to start the miscarriage since I've had no bleeding. She said the sacs looked like cysts and that I need to have a pelvic ultrasound to figure out what exactly it is. I, like you, just wanted it to be over with (THANK GOD I DID NOT FILL THAT PRESCRIPTION!!!) I luckily got a same day appointment at a radiologist's office and they found a baby with a heartbeat immediately. The baby was only 5W+5D (almost 2 weeks behind where I should've been) which makes NO SENSE because that would put my BPF at 2W+6D. A follow up scan a week later showed the baby is growing fine. Sometimes things make no sense, just go with it!!

BTW with my 1st baby, I had bleeding and very low hcg that doubled "too slowly" and was told over the phone that it was probably a chemical pregnancy (I switched drs after that). She was an 8.25 lb healthy kiddo. This baby, my HCG levels are 25000 at 5W+5D which is INSANELY high and again makes no sense (esp since I pretty much have no symptoms).

I hope this long post made you feel atleast a little better! I know it's hard not to stress but there's a BFP and your HCG is going up so odds are in your favor that there is a baby in there. Stay positive and best of luck!

Im no expert but they like to see it increase by 60% at 48hrs and to have doubled by 72. Hope that helps xx

Spoke to my midwife about it today because my mind was having fits...

Apparently hcg is not a good way to say viability of a pregnancy because sometimes hcg can go down in a healthy pregnancy. So a scan is the only way to know xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->