Just wondering??

P

pinkmummy

Does anyone know if youy can reapply for a maternity grant if you weren't accepted first time?

Reason I ask is we get Child Tax Credits, but to get the maternity grant you need to get 'higher element' which when I've researched is £548 a year or more. When I've checked our awards notice we get £547.50 a year :hissy:

I don't think that they will grant us the money with us being 50p under the limit but I was told by a friend of mine that once you have baby and my tax credits are updated I will be eligible for the grant that's what she did.

But I was wondering if I applied and they declined after bubs is born can I still put a claim in even though I was previously declined?

We really need the money as with me now on maternity pay we're quite skint! We still need clothes storage and bedding etc for bubs but can't really afford them :hissy:

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank youuuuuuu :blush:

I think you can hun, theres def no harm in re applying once baby is here. You have untill lil one is 3 months old to claim for Mat Grant so with the change in Tax Credits it might be worth it xXx

Thanks hun. I dont want to apply knowing I probably wont get it this time if I can't reapply, if that makes sense :? xx

I have filed my award away, doh! But am i right in thinking that if i take the weekly amount we get paid and multiply by 52 that the figure i get will be correct to work out if we are entitled to a grant? Sorry if i seem to be asking a silly question, but pregnancy brain has set in and i just can't seem to work this out lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->