Kacey Ann's Entrance to the world <3

LeanneS177

Reaction score
I warn you now, this could be a long one! For those of you that want the bare details, they are:
Date of birth: 18 august 2010
Time of birth: 4.12pm
Weight: 6lb 1 oz
Gestational Age: 38+2
Length of labour: 1 hr 57 mins (established)

As some of you may have read in third tri page last week i had a scheduled appointment with my OB on the 17th. after taking my blood pressure and urine sample i knew something wasnt right and my fears were further heightened when i was sent off for a CTG, blood test and emergency scan. They suspected pre eclampsia and i had an appointment the following morning to recieve my results,.
Before I could even get to my dr's he called me at home and told me to go down to L&D right away - we were going to be induced straight away as i was developing pre eclampsia. after a previous induction with my DD #1 i knew what to expect so I wasnt stressing as much as I thought i would, tbh i was in shock.
upon arrival i got settled into the delivery room and couldnt believe my baby girl was going to be here soon! physically i felt fine, i'd always assumed with pre eclapmsia i would feel dizzy or something, but i was perfectly fine. so my dr showed up around 11 and my waters were broken at 1130am and i got started on syntocin. my contractions were pretty easy for the 1st hour and a half or so and in the mean time my IV was steadily increased. at a certain point they were getting pretty painful but according to my mw the intensity was there, just not the length to be doing much. within half and hour i asked for G&A, i was hurting!! and still my contractions were only 30-40 seconds long. i truly felt like screaming at my mw when she constantly said they were doing nothing, it was really getting me down to think this pain was doing nothing. i asked to be checked to see how far along i was and she was reluctant to and told me to wait till 4pm. at this point my mum told her that my contractions were the same with my DD, short but effective but she still thought she knew best. :growlmad:
anyway at around 3pm my mw went off for her tea break and left me with another mw (there was a mw there the entire time) and within 5 minutes i was feeling pressure and was moaning i felt like i needed to push. thank god she believed me and in between contractions she checked me and i was 6 cm! :happydance: and baby was almost fully down and she believed i would be at 10cm very quickly. when she told me this my 1st words were "well make sure and tell deb (my other mw) this!! i felt vindicated!!
within 20 minutes i really had to push and my contractions were crazy painful, i started crying and asked for an epidural to be told i had reached the point of no return. it was then the fear set in!!
i was on all 4's by now and pushing invountarily as it eased some off the pressure and my previous mw came back and told me just to go with it.
as my LO's head was crowning i was pushing, but was scared to push too hard and i thought my rear end was going to explode (sorry if tmi) and i felt like my lower back was going to be split in 2!! i asked deb if i pushed with everything i had would i tear and she reassured me that if i listened to her i wouldnt. so after that i gave it everything i had and put my chin down and got on with it. i felt every inch of her head coming out, when deb announced "thats it!!" i thought she meant she was out!! but it was only her head:blush: the hardest part for me was the next stage where i had to give little pushes as she turned - i just wanted it over with already!! but at 14.12pm my beautiful baby girl Kacey Ann was delivered screaming onto my chest weighing a little 6lb 1oz . she looks so much like her big sister and is just perfect.
and i didnt tear!! something i was terrified of!
we had an hour of skin to skin and then she went off to get cleaned and dressed etc so i could have a shower. the next part was so painful, my DH helped me to stand and walk into the shower and i really fely like my arse was going to fall out (tmi), it was so painful and unexpected as i didnt have it last time. halfway to the ensuite i told him "i think im going to faint", and thank god he was there as i was so light headed and dizzy. just before sitting on the shower chair a huge blood clot fell out of me (about the size of 2 lge dinner plates) and when ilooked at it i really thought i was heamorraging (sp?). it was terryfying. the mw's couldnt tell me exactly why this happened, only that i hadnt lost much during labour and so this must have been sitting there. i noticed in my discharge papers that it was only noted i lost 100mls of blood which was during labour and not record of the clotting was there. i will talk to my dr about this when i see him as i have since had a few more though thankfully no where near as big.
any ways, all is good now, we are home and the days are flying by. shes such a contented peaceful baby and is surriunded by love.
if you made it this far you deserve a medal, it feels great to be able to write all this out.
iwish all you ladies trauma free labours!! xxx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"