Kai Logan Pridmore 21/01/10

priddy

Reaction score
Went to antenatal clinic at 10.40am and bp was at 140/100 so doc said he would examine me and do sweep see if I was favourable, luckily I was and he said thought would just need one lot of gel although sweep was very uncomfortable so I was admitted straight to labour ward to get on with things.
Went onto the observation bay and just sat there for about 1 hour when hubby arrived and then midwife came put me on monitor and took bloods. At 3pm I was given first gel and again on monitor for 90 mins just to check all was okay and it was so we were allowed to go for a wander so we went off to hospital cafe for tea where we had a lovely meal of chicken curry and chips for hubby and I had jacket potato with cheese all the time hooked upto my tens as pains had started after sweep.
Back to obs bay and at half 7 they said were gonna transfer me to the normal maternity ward and let me have sleep and give me another gel in the morning, now at this stage I had quite bit pain so was worrying how was gonna cope but just thought they know best!!!
Went onto ward and went for bath while hubby was with me because thought they would send him home but couldnt get comfy as couldnt sit upright as the pains in my tuppence were very stabbing!!!

Came back to ward and asked about more ain relief as contractions were about every 4 mins and painful so she examined me and said was no further on but that she thought I needed a poo and would give me a suppository and felt once id opened my bowels things would move!!! Now this annoyed me a bit as id asked at 3pm for something to move my bowels and was told no point as would come out when it was ready!! Little did I know how easy this got things going!!! Within 20 mins of the suppository I needed loo and made hubby come with me to hold the tens so he was stood with his tshirt covering his nose lol while I cleared out!!! When wiping Id had my show so was happy looking promising!! Within 10 mins pains were unbearable so midwife came obsereved my contractions for 10 mins and went to ask labour ward to take me back for pain relief so of we waddled down to labour ward!! It was 11pm when we got on there and midwife said cud have diamorphine as lasts longer than pethidine and wasnt close to delivery so she gave it me said that be 20 mins to kick in!!! Yeah right!!!!!
Contractions were coming thick and fast and was laid on my side and thoough id wet myself so was gonna go toilet to clean myself up but when went to look hubby said no sarah its blood so he pressed call button only didnt n did panic button so we got about 20 people rush into the room!!! When midwife saw she said okay exam u just got tips of her fingers in and said heads right here lets get on with it!!!

Now I was petrified, started talking rubbish and being quite funny now I look back on it, midwife was tryng to get me to move legs kept telling her I couldnt she told me put tens dwn cos wasnt helping now but I refused and said was enjoying holding it and when she told me she could see head I said she was just saying that to make me feel better lol.
When hubby looked and said he cud see I believed him so thought best get on with it!! Started pushing and still think its the strangest thing in the world to push against the stinging when all you want to do is tense and suck everything in but within 4 pushes his head and a hand at the side of his head had arrived and was waiting for next contraction for body but he was just coming on his own so a tiny bit of a push from me and my beautiful boy arrived at 11.47pm weighing 7lb 13oz and absolutely gorgeous:happydance:!!!! Couldnt believe it was so quick and spent half hour with him on our own having bonding then bath and back on ward at 1am for a night of pure bliss just watching my boy!!!!

Attachments

• kai 009.jpg
    kai 009.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 52
  • kai 010.jpg
    kai 010.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 42
congrats hun, my lil man is called Kye too!!! fab name choice!!! xxx

hes just gorgeous! congrats x

A great birth story - congrats on your little man! :D

Only been 6 days and already want to be pregnant again lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->