Kaidens 1 But Ive Never Done A Birth Story So Thot I Would Lol!!

KaidensMummy

My Wee Baby Boy Kaiden :)
Reaction score
Heyy...Well Kaidens one, but ive never actually been able to write down my birth story so i thought I would..I think its a good thing to document lol and good for others to see all the diffrent variations of labour :)

Well...

I was due on the 31st October, that day came and went and I was booked in for induction on the 14th of November. I arrived and I was immediatley induced with the gel. It was uncomfortable...kind of felt like stomach cramp...but manageable so me and OH just sat on ward with some munchies and magazines :D Nothing was happening..my stomach was sore but not labour sore..just a minor niggle. Even though nothing was happening..my mad mum and dad and OHs mum and dad came up for the 3.00 visit, and thats when I started to get quite sore. I kept it to myself and me and the OH just sat about the rest of the day. I was monitored and nothing was happening, so I was advised to get some sleep and they would try again the next day. I had a nap, and woke up with a terrible pain in my back. By now it was 9.00 and OH was being asked to leave (OHs can only stay between 9-9 if nothings happening.) I asked if he could stay a while longer as I definetly felt as if something was happening, my back was killing me. They said he could stay till 11 and I had to go for a bath. I was ok in the bath just slightly sore.. but not contractions just general pain in my back and stomach. When I got out the bath OH had to leave now and I was put to bed. I couldnt sleep so stayed up reading magazines and by about 2-3 o clock in the morning my back was absolutley agony. I stood up to ask the midwife for a painkiller, and felt a kind of trickling. I told the midwife and she tolt me to sit down and theyd get the monitor ready and see how the baby was doing. As I sat on the bed, my waters burst EVERYWHERE. It was immediate pain from there. OH was phoned back and I started on gas && air. The pain was immense but I couldnt sit about I felt like I had to walk around to take my mind off it. It was like nothing I had ever experienced, and I kept telling the midwifes how sore it was, but they were acting as if I was over exaggerating. I can remember keep looking at the clock and it seemed to be going quite fast. I was given a shot of pethadine which made no diffrence whatsoever and was examined to see how far along I was. By this point it was quarter to 11 and I was 6cm. I was offered an epidural and it took them about 45 minutes to get it in as I kept wriggling with every contraction. By half 11 I was out of it, and can hazily remember being told I needed an emergency section as the baby was far too big and was pushing brow first and I was at risk of a broken pelvis. Thats why it was so sore early on. I was whisked to theatre and they began cutting me..but even after they had opened me up, it still took them about 30 mins to get him out as he was so big compared to my wee stomach. EVentually they pulled him out and I burst into tears. He was 9 Pounds 13oz (and Im only 8 stone lol) As I needed stitched up I couldnt hold him straight away but when I did I loved him straight away and couldnt believe he was mine. OH was outside with his head between his legs as he passed out at the sight of me being cut open haha!! I couldnt hold him for long as after the operation my body temperature dropped so much I was shaking uncontrollably. This passed and I couldnt leave my baby alone or stop looking at him. The nurses were constantly telling me off , as as soon as my epidural wore off, even though I had a large cut across my body... I was walking, lifting him, going outside for phone!! It was agony but I had to re-adjust instead of lying about feeling sorry for myself.

It wasnt my ideal labour but it brought me my baby boy Kaiden and thats all that matters. Just thought I would share my story :) xxx

aww what a lovely story, even if it was a year late, i still enjoyed reading it. x

That is a nice story... my fist bubba ened up being csection... I was like you... didnt stay in bed at all, really wanted to do everything... dont regret it at all...
Will try for a normal delivery, see how it goes...

It is a good story. I wrote mine down way after my son was born too on a site I use to visit for the same reason!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->