Kaileigh Jadine Woodhouse - birth storyy :) (longish)

M

Mum2 Kaileigh

Well it all started as I’d just switched off my TV after watching The Worlds Strictest parents. I had these uncomfortable pains but just passed them off as Braxton hicks, I tried tossing and turning for about an hour and realised that I might be in labour!(23 days early!) So I rung up my best friend Kheelie and asked if her parents would drop me off at the hospital on there way to the airport(she was going on holiday to Spain!!) so she was nearly hyperventilating over the phone but some how asked her parents if they’d come and get me haha. They’d told me they’d be round soon, so as I waited I got my bag & put on some decent looking pjs and got a hot water bottle (thought it would somehow help) and went downstairs. I don’t have a clue how my family didn’t wake up! Lazy buggers :p. Kheelie & her mum showed up about 20 minutes later and drove me up to the hospital! At this point the contractions were bearable and was naïve about what was about to come! They dropped me off at the hospital and I told them to carry on and go on holiday as it was probably nothing. So I checked in with the reception and I had virtually no wait and they gave me a lovely little room with a birthing pool & other little gizmo’s haha!  I was shocked that they actually got me a room and settled me in so quickly! The nurse came into me and told me she was going to check how far dilated I was. So she checked me over and gave me a internal exam and said I was 2 cm dilated. Ages to go yet, so she suggested I go in the bath that was in my room to try and speed things up. So I took her advice nd got into the bath, my god that did not help, it made the contractions SOOOOO much more intense. So I got out and got myself dressed nd back to the bed. I read a little bit of a magazine before they got completely unbearable. The lovely nurse came into me and suggested that I had some gas&air for the pain so I took it and coped for a while without any major difficulty. A long while later, the nurse checked me over again and everything was moving very slowly, so they decided to put a drip in my hand. I wish I could of ripped the thing out of my hand. It made everything so horribly painful :( So it all carried on for a few hours with the drip in my hand and them just getting more intense, I tried the birthing pool and that made them even worse! The nurse checked me over and said I was about 8cm dilated now, so I was trying so hard to keep it all together but I started breaking down. I thought I couldn’t do it anymore and cried for about 30 mins. The pain was so unbearable. I asked the nurse for a epidural but she said I was way to far dilated now. I was just calming down and I felt this urge to push and I told the nurse and she just told me to do whatever felt right. I pushed for 30 minutes and she still wasn’t moving down at all. So the nurse thought it would be best to call the registrar to get my legs up in stirrups and help me. So it took about 15 minutes for her to come down and she got my legs up in the stirrups and was screaming at me to push! I was pushing as hard as I could nd she was being so stubborn! So they got the forceps. And as they put them in I felt like id been shredded to pieces. They pulled down on and there was this massive pop. I thought they’d pulled her hed off! Sounds funny and I laugh at it now but I just broke down again. They reattatched the suction and I felt her come out at 7.34pm On Friday the 18th September after 25 hours of pain weighing in at 6lbs 9oz 

Sorry it's abit vague! i have no idea of the times haha, i had no-one in with me! x
Kaileighs a month old now, but thought id still write it up
Id do it all again for my little princess 
:cloud9:

Awwww congrats! Can't believe you did it all by yourself xxx

Congrats hun, Time seems to fly by when you have a LO lol. Hope your both well!! xx

Awwww bless congrats sweetie! She is gorgeous! Lv to you both!

Congrats!! I can't believe you managed all that by yourself! Well done!

I know I just told you :p, buuuuuut can't beleive how you managed it on your own babe!!!

xoxox

awww congratulations! So very brave doing it alone! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back