Kai's first night in his cot - what a nightmare!

N

Neecee

He cried and whinged pretty much all night long! At one point I got up to find he kicked off his blanket, turned himself sideways and had his legs sticking out through to cot bars! We'd had enough by about 4am so after I fed him I just let him stay in the bed with us where he slept soundly til 9am!

I know we're in for a few nights of this, but does anyone have any suggestions to make the transition a little easier?

I put Rebecca in her cot for daytime naps for about a week before trying her at night and think this helped. we also use grobags otherwise she would kick the covers off all the time!!

hoping you have a better night tonight

He has grobags so I'll put him in that tonight. We're gonna let him nap in the cot during the day today.

I was gonna say a grobag too hun. Does he nap in there during the day?? I started by putting Hebe in during the day for almost 2 months so she was familiar.

:hug:

Did he sleep in a moses basket? If he did then you could put the moses basket in his cot for a few days first to get him used to seeing the bars, etc. x

We used sleeping bags, and put her in for naps during the day a week before we tried the night and she goes down no problems. Good luck.

i would suggest as the others are saying, i never had any problems with my son he went into his cot pretty much straight away as he hated his moses basket,so ive never had this problem, but a grobag would help with kicking off covers, and napping in the cot during the day first would be easier on u to deal with then being up all nite, then when u think hes redy trynights again xx

It was pretty much a nighmare for us too...

I remember I got NO sleep that first night, neither me nor her and finally at about 6 am I brought her in bed with me we can both doze of for just a little while.
It was also the first night she was supposed to sleep in her own room.

Everytime she'd lay and then when I tried to leave she'd wake up and whinge.
And it lasted for about a week.

A sleeping bag helped ALOT! That or putting the wedges in the cot so the space doesn't seem that big for him you know?
Also every night until she got used to it I would lay her down and stay there for around 15 minutes or more after she'd fall alseep, right next to her and then sneak out...

The we formed a routine where I wind her Ocean Wonders, she has those glade plug ins in her room and a rotating light.... after about a month she started sleeping like a baby :lol: She even started sleeping through the night wich is something she never did before.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"