Kara Rose born Feb 10-kind of long

mouse_chicky

Reaction score
Kara Rose was born February 10th by c-section at 8:50 am. Here’s how it all went. Feb 9th I went into the hospital at 6:30 for a scheduled induction. Her due date was the 13th but I chose to induce a few days early so my DH could have the weekend with her. The plan was I was to be given a pill every hrs throughout the night to get my cervix to soften and then start pitocin in the morning. The pill caused contractions to start right away. Even throughout the night, I felt like they were bearable, like bad period cramps. After the second dose, my nurse came in and said the baby’s heartrate was dropping with each contraction. She had me flip from side to side, which didn’t work. She also put me on oxygen. At this point, I guess she called my doctor who decided to stop with the pill and put something in my iv to make the contractions come farther apart. So they had basically stopped trying to induce me and were kind of trying to get the contractions to stop. The contractions didn’t decrease in intensity but they did come farther apart, and the baby’s heartrate no longer dropped. The nurse said that before my contraction pattern (2 back to back, otherwise close together) indicated that my pelvis was too small for the baby’s head. So my doctor had them put me on the surgery schedule in the morning.
Getting ready for the c-section was surreal. Everyone was calm and talking about mundane subjects like school and snow days. This decreased my anxiety, but I still had a brief panic attack before they went to do the spinal. I hadn’t felt nervous before, but all of the sudden I started hyperventilating and crying out of nowhere. The nurses were very reassuring. The spinal itself wasn’t that bad; the IV was much worse. As soon as they got me on the table, everything went extremely fast. My DH was seated beside my head, and the surgery began. It was such a weird feeling not feeling pain but intense pressure. The only part that really hurt was when they pressed on my chest to get her to come out. As soon as I saw her I cried. After a quick kiss, my baby was whisked away because she had the grunts. Basically, she had some fluid in her lungs and had to be given oxygen for a few hours.
Finally, I was able to hold her later that evening. I am so in love and incredibly blessed. Both she and I are scheduled to be discharged in the morning. Yay! We get to go home. I’ve enjoyed having pain management and help from the nurses especially with breastfeeding, which I’ll say is definitely a work in progress, but I have confidence. My milk is already in, which should help matters. I just want to hold on to these days as I know they will slip away before I know it.

What a gorgeous name she has! :) Congratulations on your :pink: bundle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->