Keep active during pregnancy... anyone doing any classes?

rita lewis

Reaction score
Hi!
I have stared pregnancy yoga 3 weeks ago and would now like to join some other activity. just wondering is someone is actually doing a ny classes and if so if they are enjoying it.

I would recommend pregnancy yoga as they teach breathing tecniques and positions for labour, and you generally come out quite relaxes, but would like to add something else to my weekly routine...
suggestions anyone?

thanks

I do Pilates and Aquanatal!! love both of them!!

x

I dunno if its too early for me to start, but i cant find anywhere local that does them :(

I walk to school and back twice a day....erm that's enough for me:rofl:

I can't wait till a place comes free on my local pregnancy yoga! Should be before the end of the month *cross fingers* and I am still going swimming. I slowed down a bit and do less mileage but I go 3x a week and I just seem to enjoy it more and more :D

And I have to walk everywhere because I don't drive.

I've my 5th AquaYoga class tonight, run by Birthlight. Loving the classes, really good, and people are lovely too. Ideal

I walk to school and back twice a day....erm that's enough for me:rofl:

I go once a day and thats enough, but there are countless trips to the loo, then the kitchen for drinks and snacks and round to the shop for the daily paper.
Im so active these days, i dont know how i find time for anything else, lol.

I do a pregnancy dvd at home 5 times a week and I still go on my exercise bike a lot!!

I've got one too.....erm still in the wrapper though:blush:

Hubby bought it for me when I was pregnant with Abi, she's 4 now:rofl:

I am starting yoga and aquasize at the end of the month.

I have not done much since, but am hoping this will lift my spirits. :D

Hello, I love my exercise so I thought I'd fill u in on how great it makes me feel when PG. I do pilates, aerobics and aqua natal and love them all. I think the pilates is amazing for keeping you toned in areas that wouldn't usually get used during pg. As long as the instructor knows u are pg and u don't over exert urself there is nothing to worry about taking up any classes.

Jolyn, are they just standard classes you are attending of specially for pregnant ladies

The pilates and aerobics are just normal classes, the aqua natal is set up especially for pg women. I would def recommend anyone to take up pilates as I think that's what's keeping my bump in shape at the moment and the breathing is great preparation for giving birth.

I have an antenatal yoga DVD that I do about once a week atm but am trying to build up to doing it more often as my energy levels increase again.

I haven't joined any classes because I have known from the start of my pregnancy that hubby and I would be relocating. Once we're moved at the end of this month I'm going to check out classes in my new local area. I want to do an aquanatal class especially as I want to go swimming but won't manage it unless I have a class to motivate me!!

I do a pregnancy dvd at home 5 times a week and I still go on my exercise bike a lot!!

what is the dvd you have? might get one if i can get any other classes
thanks

I have the y plan before and after pregnancy. You can get the dvd on amazon. Its been made in 1991 and its a bit dated but the exercises are good! I do both sections each day rather than the 12 mins only one. So I do 24 mins a day and a few mins on the bike!!!

I'm starting a prenatal yoga class on Oct.16..A new gym just opened up here and it is the only place in my area that has prenatal yoga.I'm pretty excited about it

I'm starting a prenatal yoga class on Oct.16..A new gym just opened up here and it is the only place in my area that has prenatal yoga.I'm pretty excited about it

I really enjoy my yoga class. have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"