Keep your nose out!

MrsTurner2012

Reaction score
Sat in the park enjoying the sunshine and a lady tells me that I shouldn't be sat in the sun.

Why?

Because my amniotic fluid will heat up and I'll boil my baby.

She looked deadly serious too.

People love to stick their noses in when it comes to pregnancy!

Bore off!!!

Ha ha!! That's so funny, I hope you laughed in her face :haha:

I was too shocked to at the time!

Wish i had.

I'm one of those people who thinks of a comeback 3 days too late though! Haha

Well I hope at least that you didn't move from your nice sunny spot :) As though your amniotic fluid could reach boiling temperature from sitting in the sun..... and it wouldn't just be baby that boiled, it would be your whole abdomen! I think you'd be over in the shade pretty quick if that started happening!!

It's amazing how people can come out with these ridiculous statements, don't they realise how absurd it is?

I had a cafeteria person tell me I shouldnt eat spicy peppers because it was gonna make my babyblind :dohh:

Oh no! I stayed firmly put... Got burnt shoulders to prove it.

Make the baby blind?! Seriously! Haha

Ha! Boil your baby! I wonder what women on the African continent who are in the heat and sun all the time do to prevent this! Haha can't believe she said this and was serious!

i probably would have made this face :huh: , laughed at her and carried on with what i was doing

She explained that shed had 5 babies!

That clearly makes her an authority on the subject!

*smh*

All I can say is.. Wow. I've heard lots of stupid comments so I shouldn't be shocked anymore, but I still am surprised at the stupidity of some people!

out of interest, how old do you think she was?

:haha: us preggers girls wouldn't leave the house if we listened to what everyone else tells us we can't do! Good job that woman hasn't seen me in my bikini in the garden!! x

I guess I should tell my hubby I shouldnt cook anymore because if I stand too close to the hot stove it might hurt the babies according to your park lady lol lol..haha yeah like that would work lol..

I guess I should tell my hubby I shouldnt cook anymore because if I stand too close to the hot stove it might hurt the babies according to your park lady lol lol..haha yeah like that would work lol..

Take aways for the next few months! Haha

*respond in shock* "Oh no, I wanted the baby roasted not boiled!!!" and scurry into the shade...

What a complete twat! These idiots make me so angry!

I had a woman in a lingerie dept tell me I wasn't 'allowed' to wear thongs. When I asked why the hell I not, she had no explanation.

A friend of mine also told me that I'd kill my baby by drinking diet coke because of the artificial sweetner. The same artificial sweetner that's in the chewing gum and prawn cocktail crisps she ate to excess throughout the whole nine months she was pregnant with her now 6 month old healthy son.

Arrhgghhh. People like this make me want to scream!

I guess I boil my baby daily! My kids aren't going to remain cooped up inside all day just because its 90F out :). No wOnder I get all steamed up over the littlest thing these days.,.lol.

I guess I boil my baby daily! My kids aren't going to remain cooped up inside all day just because its 90F out :). No wOnder I get all steamed up over the littlest thing these days.,.lol.

steamed up hee hee :rofl:

no pun intended!!!:happydance:

what's wrong with a little extra vitamin D? :haha: some people are so strange, sometimes I wonder where people actually get their facts from, but I'm too afraid to ask...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->