Keeping prices down!

dani_tinks

Mum to one of each
Reaction score
So after doing a lot of maths today i've come to realise our wedding is really getting expensive and i'm trying to keep the prices down now.

I was wondering has anyone made their own invites? we're only having 50 guests so thought I might be able to do them myself?!

I've also decided on no make up artist or hairdresser... me and my sisters are quite good ourselfs so that'll cut the price down too ! :thumbup:

Anyone got any other tips?

x

vistaprint is by far the cheapest for good invitations- they have a website if you type into google hun! Mine were £34 for 80 inc envelopes and full colour print xx

they have really beautiful designs too!

I made my own- 65 invites for about £30, bought the things from the Range x

have you got a range or hobbycraft near you, have a wander round see if u can find any inspiration x

We do :) we have a really nice crafty shop aswell that sells eveeeerything imaginable to do with arts and crafts so might pop in and have a looky x

We've kept prices down by having a couple of our friends who have decent cameras to do our photos for the wedding. I'm sure between the 2 we'll have some beautiful piccies.. our friends will also be looking thru all the prints and picking out the best ones to put in an album for us as a wedding present :thumbup:

Another friend is driving me to the venue, so that's saved us having to hire a car.. our cake is being sorted by my future SIL as are the favours... I have to say, all of those have really kept the cost down!

I'm also doing my own hair and makeup as only I know what my hair is capable of (can be anything some days :haha:)

Awesome :) I was tempted to have my sisters do the photography as theyre both very talented but they need to be in most of them so a work collegues wife will be doing them, she's not as expensive as most thankfully!

So after doing a lot of maths today i've come to realise our wedding is really getting expensive and i'm trying to keep the prices down now.

I was wondering has anyone made their own invites? we're only having 50 guests so thought I might be able to do them myself?!

I've also decided on no make up artist or hairdresser... me and my sisters are quite good ourselfs so that'll cut the price down too ! :thumbup:

Anyone got any other tips?

x

I got my invitations off ebay. Got 50 for just short of £15, and they had me to you bears on. I never had favours and got some plain place cards and got one of my friends with neat writing to write on them. That saved some money. My entire wedding came to under £5000 and it was perfect, and got complimented on it :) hth xx

For the cake Im just ordering plain iced cakes from M&S and decorating them myself with flowers and bits from ebay.

Table decorations and chair cover hire/sashes- ebay again!

Invites, well, mine will be Christening invites as nobody knows about the wedding til Im walking down the Aisle :thumbup: but will also do my own or do what i did last time...got some personalised ones made from ebay, they were gorgeous, but i only ordered 10 and photocopied the rest on to card at home :blush: you couldnt tell the difference.

Car- not sure yet, but wont be hiring one i dont think!

I just managed to do my save the date cards by going to an online business card designer, print screening my final design, then printing 40 copies onto some thick fancy card that OH "borrowed" from work. Didn't cost a penny!
We also have MIL doing our cake and getting us decorations at wholesale cost which is saving us a bundle.

I think home-made and utilising friends/family is the best way to go on a budget. Just need to find a cracking photographer in the family now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"