Keeping Up Supply While Pregnant

thexfadingpat

Reaction score
What has worked for people?
I'm only about 5 weeks but I am adamant on bfing my son through the whole pregnancy and tandem nursing once baby is here.

I bf'd my son though pregnancy and recently just weaned him a few weeks ago. He still nursed a few times a day and a couple times during the night. I think the around the clock nursing really helped my supply stay the same. I also made sure to drink mother's milk tea and ate oatmeal once per day.

I noticed some sensitivity and pain, it would come and go. I just roughed it out, didn't give up because of the pain. Went on as normal as much as possible.

I got to say, tandem nursing once babe was here was a God send! When I felt engorged DS1 really helped me out.

Good luck, I hope you are able to keep your supply! I am going to TTC #3 when DS2 turns 1 so I am hoping it works out just as well as the first time.

Thanks TTCBean. ☺
My son still nurses about every 3 hours so that should help hopefully. And I have some steal cut oats that I occasionally have for breakfast, I'll just make sure to eat them more often. I'll have to pick up some Mothers Milk Tea to try though.

Just curious how your supply is holding up? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->