Kian James Duff born1st September!

Duffy6684

Mum to 2 wonderful boys!
Reaction score
My birth plan was an elective c-section on the 1st September but things didn't quite go to plan. To start my birth story I need to begin a few days early.

My son was due to be delivered on Tuesday 1st September but from the Saturday I had been experiencing pains, one minute they were regular the next minute the disappeared. I knew this was the early stage of labor and unless I went into active labor nothing would be done.Pain relief, hot water bottle and the knowledge that it would be over soon kept me going.

On Tuesday I arrived at the hospital at 8am. I waited an hour before I was taken down to labor ward were they began putting needles in to my hands and checking my bp etc. The pains were coming every 15 minutes by this point and starting to get more intense. Just after 10am I was told they had a room for me and I was moved into there to wait on the surgeon coming out of theatre.

The pains were now coming at a steady 10 mins each and starting to get uncomfortable. The midwife however ignored this until 12 noon where she finally made the decision to get a doctor to check me. I was 4cm and in active labor. I was offered gas and air at this point. After the doctor examined me he asked me how I would feel about trying for a normal delivery. I wasn't sure to begin with, my first son only got to 4cm and got ended up emergency c-section so was worried this would be the same. My mum and doctor explained to me that due to my diabetes if I could deliver naturally it would be less of arisk for me and baby so I decided to give it a go.

My doctor came in at 1pm and broke my waters, told me I would be left 4 hours and if there was no progression would be taken for my c-section. By the time the four hours came the pains were 1 min apart and agony! but I was still 4cms!! I was then whisked into theatre and given a spinal. The procedure started at5.35pm and my son was born at 6.26pm weighing 13lbs130z.

I didn't get to be with my son straight away. Throughout the laboring my saturation's were dropping and I was taken up to ITU to be monitored overnight. My son was brought up to me a few hours later but wasn't allowed to stay with me. My saturation's returned to normal and they were happy with me returning to labor ward sooner than the next day so I didn't have to stay apart from Kian for too long.

I thought I was in for an easy time with number 2 but he wanted to make as dramatic an entrance as his brother lol. Despite all the drama and excitement me and baby were fine and able to come home on day 3.

Me and OH made a decision not to have anymore after Kian and although this will probably be the case it's kinda sad that I won't go through the emotions of the big day.

Congratulations!!! What a big boy :D Probably just as well that they didn't let you go for a natural labour x

I couldnt read this and not say a damn word!! lol congrats is first of order but I will tell you a few things that just blew me away!!

my oldest son whom is 9 now his name is kian james
his birthday is 1st june 2000
he was born at 6.26pm
and thankfully he wasnt 13lb 13oz he was 8lb 4oz.

a little few facts that blew me right away!!

welcome to the world kian!!!

I couldnt read this and not say a damn word!! lol congrats is first of order but I will tell you a few things that just blew me away!!

my oldest son whom is 9 now his name is kian james
his birthday is 1st june 2000
he was born at 6.26pm
and thankfully he wasnt 13lb 13oz he was 8lb 4oz.

a little few facts that blew me right away!!

welcome to the world kian!!!

Wow that's weird lol. Bet your glad about the weight lol.Thanks xox

Congrats, welcome to the world Kian.

13lb 13oz bloomin eck.

V xxxx

Congrats. And i'm glad it worked out well despite the dramatic entry!

ooohhh i heard about your baby on real radio this morning because of his weight :)

Thanks ladies lol He is going to be on stv evening news tonight as well lol

hey saw u guys on the news!! how exciting hehe...famous kian!!

congrats hun xx

wow 13lb 13oz!!! Congrats hunni! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"