Kicking and moving - Q?

tillymum

New mom
Reaction score
After 2 days of not really feeling my LO move much and getting a tad concerned I'm glad to say he/she is having a rave in there right now! phew!

I checked the doppler this morning and heard a good strong hb, and heard LO move dispite not feeling anything.

So it got me thinking at what stage do you feel regular movements and when do you have to monitor movements for less activity? I'm assuming at 19 wks he/she can still hide and move around alot so thats why sometimes I feel it and sometimes I don't - or am I wrong?

I think you're right, Tilly :D I know that at that stage, I was only just starting to feel proper little movements and kicks, and I'd say it took another week before they became fairly regular: At 18/19 weeks, I was still getting periods of a day or two feeling little or no movements at all, but since about 21 weeks it has been pretty constant, and since 22 weeks (a couple of days ago) it has been every day, and quite strong!! So if he/she does go quiet again for a while, I wouldn't worry at all :D Pretty soon you'll probably be wishing little one would give you a moment's peace from the kicking!!

Shadow xx

yeh i think u are right, im 26 weeks and sometimes i feel like that too :)

I had movement and kicks from 18 weeks probably 1-5 times a day some days nothing, today I've had them all day (hope he doesn't wear him self out for tomorrows scan). Yesterday nothing so I think they are still small enough to swim around and not be felt or even have extended periods of sleep after an active day.

I wouldnt think there is a need to worry till about 28+ weeks,as some people only start feeling movement at 24 weeks.

My LO has days where I cant feel him move.

I didnt have feeling at 19wk with my first, id only just found out! lol
Probably going on 26weeks.

Thanks Ladies, I can't wait to get good proper kicks all the time :)

Out of curiosity how often are your LO's awake and asleep during the day?

I'd say my little guy is awake and kicking about in there for a couple of hours in the morning, then again in the afternoon usually, and ALWAYS for a good few hours in the evenings. If I wake up in the night, I can often feel him kicking away then, too. But often there will be maybe 4 hours at a time of "silence" (hehe) in between.

hi there. im 19 weeks, and im only really getting rumblings a couple of times a day. its even hard for me to work out whether its baby or not as its so subtle. m/w told me not to worry though if i dont feel anything for another couple of weeks, at my last appt we heard a strong heartbeat, which put my mind at rest. big scan is on 15th april and im quite nervous.

I started feeling my LO kick at about 18weeks
and had a very strong sleep patern from 19weeks
but it wasnt till 22weeks that i could feel all her movements. and it wasnt till then that i kept a good check on her movements.
had a scare tho yesterday as she hadnt kicked for 24hours but finally today she went and had a rave of 3hours :)
and she keeps waking up loads.
not her normal sleeping pattern but seems alot nicer then the awake at midnight every night till about 2.30am
xxxx

yeah i had a few quiet spells a few weeks back (around 19th week) so I got doppler out and all was fine.
Now.. Its getting stronger and stronger. I get probably about 20-25 kicks/movements a day. most concentrated between 8-10pm and 1am. never in morning after I have woke and not really that much til early evening.

I've been feeling my LO move for weeks now, even thought it's my first... but it's been every day for me, just not all day or constantly. He/she mainly likes to kick and wiggle after I've been walking around and sit down for a couple of minutes... I get this reassuring kick that says "Hey! I liked that rocking!". But yeah, it's still not constant. I'm sure he/she moves around a lot more than I feel it. I've still only gotten two really strong kicks, though. I'm not sure I want more, though, 'cause that first one startled me nearly to death!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->