Kidney Stones

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
Has anyone had them? more specifically had them and theyve not passed themselves and youve had to get medical intervention to break them up as theyre too big?

Apparently if they dont go within a month then theyre probably too big to pass themselves and you need a local to get this machine to break them up. Ive had this infection and kidney pain since Labour (dunno if labour brought them on or the other way around) But now ive had 4 courses of antibiotics and theyve finished, the pain is back and is agony.. very similar to what it was like in labour except without the insensifying parts during contractions. Only relief is putting extreme pressure on the painfull area..

Anyone had this? was it really bad to get them '' broken up '' by the machine thing.. did you have to stay in hospital overnight?

I haven't but I hope they get better/go away soon hun :hugs:

:cry:

Me too, Been reading online and the machine thing used to break them up is like a big thing, u get put to sleep, so im assuming means a night in hospital, and its apparently sore when the stones fragment, then you have to pass all of them. And if its not cleared itself up within a month or two it wont without help, im on week 5 :(

Hiya - the procedure you're on about is called lithotripsy, it's not as scary as it sounds either :hugs:

I had stones 2 years ago and they fricking hurt don't they :cry: My right kidney was damaged but not horrendously.

You may require a little stent putting in at some point ( imagine a bit of drinking straw being pu into a pipe to maintain a clear passageway) to allow the fragments of stones to pass through. They don't really like to do this if you are infected though as it can lead to scarring/worse infection. If you do need this - it's done as a daycase procedure with the stent being changed or removed 3 months later.

I passed my stones :wacko: :wacko: but still get kidney pain from time to time

:hugs:

ah where do you mean the stent thing goes?
Id say the kidney pain is worse than labour, because my labour was just kidney pain.. i cant remember anything about labour pain cos all i felt was kidneys!

Stent actually goes inside kidney or ureter (tube that leads from kidney to bladder) It is passed through your bladder :wacko: but you're asleep and don't feel a thing don't be worrying.

Oh and true stone pain has been proven to be worse than labour pain in severa studies apparently!! :haha: Go us :happydance: pair of hardknocks :rofl:

LOL, ugh im scared about this! Doctor calling me this afternoon, got to see her this week and hopefully get sent for a scan and stuff. want it over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->