Kids and Asthma

cooper2010

Reaction score
I have tried to control my daughters asthma naturally, but have not been successful. We are trying Flovent. Anyone else on this? I did a bit of research before but just curious about what other may think, or if anyone feels there is a safer one out there.

Please let us know what did you do to control. Do you use carpet on your rooms?

We use air purifiers. We tried keeping the cats away, off her bed. (She is allergic to them but would be devastated if we got rid of them) She also gets chiropractic adjustments, I think has helped her but not enough. Sounds impossible, but there is some success stories with kids and chiropractic care. She would take a rescue inhaler when her breathing got difficult or if she was sick and was coughing we use the nebulizer. The rescue inhaler was maybe 1 a month to a few times a week depending on allergies and exercise.

I mean this in the nicest way but Asthma is something i feel incredibly strongly about.
I genuinely believe, being Asthmatic myself, having a seriously Asthmatic sister whos condition is steroid contolled and Mom that its something that should be controlled medically. Especially in young children who don't understand the warning signs.
This is very very close to my heart because, one of my best childhood friends died after an asthma attack. So even when medically controlled there is always a risk.

There has been a study recently as well which said that parents who want to try alternative remedies actually can make the asthma worse.
my oh wasn't allowed an inhaler until he was in boarding school (where another astmathic boy had an inhaler) and it wasn't nice. His mother was suspicious about inhalers so my oh basically had no sporting life until then as he always short on breath.
It is surely not nice when something you should be able to take for granted is such a battle.

My daughters asthma is allergy induced and exercise related. So we would avoid her allergens and she would use her rescue inhaler as a preventative before or during exercise. In the spring there was an increase in her allergens and we found out she was allergic to more things than originally thought. thats when we stated chiropractic care which can help. I did put her on Flovent to see if that helps over the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->