• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kids behaviour at xmas

Jessica60

Reaction score
I'm struggling, my four year old is over tired over excited and is behaving badly. Screaming shouting climbing over furniture climbing over me. I need school to start. Anyone else experiencing this? What do u do?

Yeah x2 because ive got a 4 yr old and a 3 yr old they were angels until boxing day it gets too much for them and the lack of routine doesnt help. I managed an hr in the park earlier they just were fighting there aswell and so was pointless bothering be glad for next week and routine

Yes and I feel very guilty because I feel like I should be enjoying my time with them. It's not that their behaviour has been reealllly bad, I'm just not as used to having them all at home so much now ds1 is at school. It's a hard time of year they're very excited, mine have had too many sweets too

Same here with my 4 year old. She's been quite challenging and just won't listen. I am hoping that it's just down to the excitement of Christmas and being out of the routine of going to school.

My nearly 4 year old is the same too. I agree it all gets too much. We have no routine now at all which doesn't help. I am hoping things calm down next few days.

Mines not back until 9 January so hoping playgroup will be open next week! If not be a few walks and the library just to get out the house!

I was just talking with a friend. We both have four year olds. I was commenting on how so many things that are supposed be kid-centered and super exciting for kids are either not or they are overwhelming. Both our kids got overwhelmed and poorly behaved from Christmas activities.

Same here, we try to get outside for a decent stretch each day which does help but doesn't always solve the problem. Ds1 is 5 now and I've noticed he's 'handled' the holidays better than previous years so hopefully being that bit older makes a difference - fingers crossed yours start coping better too next year

Mine has been badly behaved simply from being bored with no kindy on. It's summer holidays here and he's off for about 5 weeks and we're only on week two, argh!!

For us it always helps to go to the park or to softplay or just out and burn some energy. Being stuck in the house is the worst for one of my twins. It was pouring today but he was crying so much when I told him we could not go to the park. So I donned an extra warm alpacca long cardy, welly socks and welly boots and a not at all fetching rainhat and raincoat, wrapped him warmly too and took him to the park anyway for an hour. When we came back he was calm and sweet and not like a caged tiger. His twin brother did not want to come with us but is much more laid back and easy anyway so stayed home with daddy.
Otherwise I do stick to their routine as best we can.

Same- were just trying to get them out when we can and keep them busy, it seems to help, but it's still hard work Nd I'm looking forward to getting back into our routines next week!

For us it always helps to go to the park or to softplay or just out and burn some energy. Being stuck in the house is the worst for one of my twins. It was pouring today but he was crying so much when I told him we could not go to the park. So I donned an extra warm alpacca long cardy, welly socks and welly boots and a not at all fetching rainhat and raincoat, wrapped him warmly too and took him to the park anyway for an hour. When we came back he was calm and sweet and not like a caged tiger. His twin brother did not want to come with us but is much more laid back and easy anyway so stayed home with daddy.
Otherwise I do stick to their routine as best we can.

Mine are absolutely awful with being stuck indoors at home all day, too. It's frustrating for me if I have a day off, because I really just want to spend it at home, doing pretty much nothing all day, but they make that impossible because they get so antsy being at home, and will fight with each other, scream, etc. So, no matter how badly I just want to relax in my recliner, we have to go out at least for a little bit, just to work off some of that pent up energy. It's best for everyone's sanity, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->