Kids bikes - are the Isla/frog worth it?

wishuwerehere

dh, me and 2dds
Reaction score
As it says on the tin - my dd2 is nearly 4 and wants a pedal bike for her bday. She’s competent on a generic balance bike and we want to skip stabilisers as they really held my eldest back.

Is it worth shelling out the £250 plus on an isla or frog? I’m ready to do so but if anyone has a cheaper recommendation then i’m All for it!!!

We got DD a Frog and I think they're great! She went straight from a balance bike to riding the frog (no stabilisers) in about 5 minutes! They're also so much lighter and easier for them to ride than other kids bikes from halfords/Argos etc.

We like going out on our bikes a lot, so for us it was worth paying a bit more to get her a decent, comfortable ride, so she'd enjoy coming out with us too.

I plan to save it for dd2 once dd1 has out grown it. I'm not sure about Frogs, because I've never looked, but Isla bikes have a big resale value anyway, so you'd likely get quite a bit of money back.

Is a second hand one an option? There's lots on eBay and there's a Facebook page selling pre used ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->