Kids Dinners

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
Can people give me ideas on quick and easy kids dinners please?

Me and OH normally eat separate to the kids as he works shifts. So not looking for expensive, long winded recipes. They are really fussy and I'm fed up of giving them the same things so any ideas appreciated!

Not knowing what you give them now- this may be no help... but here are the usuals for my LO.

Fresh Mac-n-Cheese
PB & J
Pasta
Pizza
Chicken Nuggets (we get the organic ones with very little ingredients)
Hot Dog (rarity- but we also get the natural/organic ones)
Grilled Cheese
Quesadilla w/just cheese or some chicken
Bean burrito (or I'll make a Quesadilla w/beans and cheese)
... if you notices, she likes all things cheese! lol

tbh though- my LO loves to snack, so lots of times her "meals" are more a tray of different foods. Grains, veggies, fruit, hummus, raisins, crackers, pumpkin bread, cheese... pretty much any mix I can come up with that has a good variety. I like snacks too- so I think I've passed that on to her ;)

When dh works shifts I do things in the slow cooker that I can scoop a bit out of for ds and then it's just on the low setting til later.
I cook extra of some things and save a portion to re heat for ds the following day or freeze and re heat.
Pasta and some form of sauce is always quick and easy.
Xx

Rory likes little at the moment. But some things that are usually a success are pizza, thick vegetable soup, mushroom omelette and mash :dohh:

We get the fresh pasta with fillings, she loves them and they take 5 mins to cook including throwing in some frozen broccoli and cauliflower into the pan. The spinach and ricotta ones are a handy way to sneak in extra vegetable!

Cold platter - a combination from things like mini scotch eggs, mini sausage roll, pork pie, ham, cheese, crackers or pitta bread with pate/philadephia, tomato, cucumber, beetroot, carrot, sweetcorn, etc.

Omelette, or scambled eggs and beans with toast. Beans on toast.

We cook a meal from scratch a couple if times a week - a variation on spag bog or a stir fry etc. We usually make enough for two nights so on night one it's just for me and hubby but she gets some microwaved on night two. We pack it full of vegetables.

When we cook a roast chicken we'll use leftovers next day to make a cold chicken salad or could put it with some pasta or smash mash and veg/beans. And rest goes into a pot dish.

My son's super fussy and we also eat separately to him as hubby is always too late for Jacob's dinner time.
Jake likes:
Spag bol
Omelette
Dippy eggs & soldiers
Nuggets/Fish fingers
Pizza
Curry (usually only eats the rice!)
Snacking meals - So like cucumber, bread sticks, carrot sticks, tomatoes, crusty bread, pepper etc
Roast beef with yorkshires & gravy (he won't eat potatoes but will sometimes eat green beans).

pasta, pizza, quesadillas, risotto, omelettes, anything with sausages, meatballs, burgers, nuggets, chicken Kiev, lamb grillsteaks, stir fry, curry/chilli and rice, pie, fish pieces, stew, soup.

i cook a big family meal most nights but 2/3 nights a week its something off that list.

I often do the LO's something different from me.. their favourites are..

Fish fingers, veggy rice, wedges or mash
Omelette with ham & whatever else I have to chuck in
Any kind of pasta dish like pasta bake, tuna & sweetcorn pasta, meatballs with pasta
Scrambled egg on toast, boiled eggs with dippy bread
Toad in the hole with mash + veg, or just sausage and mash with veg
Wraps, I usually put chicken and then some salad stuff in
Pizza
Curry with rice

Could you not leave some leftovers from your dinner for them to have the following day?

I'm at home during the day and lo will eat anything but if we're in a rush I always keep a little bit of chicken breast, fish fillet or prawns in the fridge which can be grilled in 5 minutes and served with a steamed veg bag or steamed rice.

Things I do include:

Toad in the hole
Vegetable curry
Pasta bake
Meatballs
Spag bowl
Shepard's pie
Falafels
Soup
Chicken cacciatore
Salmon and chorizo rice

As well as the usual pizza, sausages, fish fingers, things on toast ect

My DS can be really fussy, especially with vegetables so I try to sneak them in wherever possible. Dinners we have include:
Shepherds pie
Spaghetti bolognaise
Lasagne
Curry
Fish pie
Mashed potatoes with veg mixed in and sauce, with chicken/ fish/sausages on the side
Pasta and sauce
Cauliflower cheese
Vegetable soup blended with potatoes
Roast dinners
Homemade chips/wedges with beans and goujons
Stir fries with noodles and meat (pork/steak/chicken)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->