kill it, eat it, cook it

weestar21

Reaction score
does anyone else watch this on BBC three? at 10.30 pm
we watched it last few nights and tonite. I love meat but never really think about where it came from ect well i know its an animal at one point but never think of how its slaughtered ect. This program goes from live animals being slaughtered then being cooked and eated by a studio audience. Its very graphical so be prepared if your going to watch this. I just find it very interesting and next time i sit down to a bacon roll or lamb chops im going to spare a few moments to think of what was once a little namial :(

Crikey I couldn't watch it - I doubt I'd eat meat again if I did!!

it is very graphical and even when the animal has been stunned it still shakes with muscle spazams its really heart braking to see :( the cow that was on last night after they cut its tounge out and hung it up it was twitching like mad was really freaky

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

GROSSNESS!!!!

Will keep that off my television screen ty ... seems in humaine!
xxx

some of the audience were vegitarians (sp) but most of them did go to the window to view the slaughtering process and only one out of 5 tried the meat afterwards. Just made me think of how the food chane works if that makes sence but it hasnt put me off meat :)

That is why I only eat organic meat it freaks me out to see how 'Normal' farming industry's treat their animals. The chicken is the classic and the ones up tesco that are ready-cooked are what 4000 to a hut treated worse than battery-hens just so they cost only £1 per on as opposed to £3 for an Organic farmer,I would pay £9 for a chicken if it meant all had good life and natural ingrediants but then I would make three meals from it so not expensive to me. Those cheapo chicken taste disgusting and I would rather be vege than eat one.

By the way we used to keep chickens and unless you have 10 acres (!) they are not considered "free range" and I have helped to kill and pluck is fine if they have had good life.

I have missed this programme is it all over?

bex

It wouldnt put me off either, i think they animals are treated fairly well in slaughter, it the rearing and growth hormones i don't like, but if i had to kill my own meat then i would be veggie!!

All animals will tend to twitch once they have died, it just the muscles.

bexxi as far as im aware its on every week night at 10.30 pm :D

*Shudders*
Kinda put me off tonights tea ....
Cheers guys LMAO!!
xxx

I caught the end of the lamb one last night. Sort of seen it all before with that chef....can't think of his name! Well it was on not too long ago and he brought a group of people that live off junk food, ready made meals etc to his country house,to see the state and conditions that the poor animals - mainly chickens have to live in and showed them the way the should be treated and slaughtered etc.

Unfortunately i'm too much of a meat lover for any of these shows to put me off!

I do find them fascinating though...!

Hugh Fernely Wittingstall! I love that man, plus Ihave seen Jamie Oliver do this with e Sheep and loads of people complained, and Gordon Ramsey kill his pigs and turkeys

tonights one is a pig, i just find it really interesting and for tonites tea were having pork chops :lol: so will have a lil ceremony to think of the pig :D before we tuck in ;)

That is why I only eat organic meat it freaks me out to see how 'Normal' farming industry's treat their animals. The chicken is the classic and the ones up tesco that are ready-cooked are what 4000 to a hut treated worse than battery-hens just so they cost only £1 per on as opposed to £3 for an Organic farmer,I would pay £9 for a chicken if it meant all had good life and natural ingrediants but then I would make three meals from it so not expensive to me. Those cheapo chicken taste disgusting and I would rather be vege than eat one.

By the way we used to keep chickens and unless you have 10 acres (!) they are not considered "free range" and I have helped to kill and pluck is fine if they have had good life.

I have missed this programme is it all over?

bex

I get all my meat from local butchers who in turn get theirs from local farms. That way I know there isn't any intensive farming methods. I have no problem with an animal being killed for food as long as it has lived a good life and has been treated humanely.

watched it and loved it i change my mine about buying meat from a supermarket im going the butchers i see pig as a pig and pork sausage as a pork sauasgae as that if u get me dirft

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->