Killer cramps!

maryanne1987

Reaction score
Woke up last night with very severe cramps. And by severe I mean the only thing I've ever felt close was early labour pains. I assumed the worse was happening. Took some paracetamol and curled myself up with a hot water bottle. I must have drifted off to sleep but when I woke there was nothing. No bleeding, no cramps. Nothing. I don't know what to think. Is this bad, is it normal? Has anyone ever had anything similar? I've phoned my midwife and the epu and they just said if there's no bleeding not to worry as my early scan Wednesday was normal. I just don't know what to think :( I'm scared now.

I know stretching pains can be pretty intense... I had them for until about 8 weeks and they felt like really bad period pains/cramps. The hot water bottle can be a lifesaver! I think once there's no bleeding cramps can be pretty normal, I'm sure your little bean is just snuggling in and making room for the next few months! :flower:

I had bad cramps with both of my LO's in the early weeks (they were worse than the pains I had with my 1st miscarriage and after having my DS I knew what labour pains felt like and with DD the 1st tr cramps were worse than early labour pains so I feared the worst), I ended up being sent to hospital both times with suspected ectopic pregnancies but both times all was fine. I was told the pain might have been from my uterus pushing forwards (normally my uterus is tilted way back and by 12 weeks it is forwards) and my ligaments stretching too much (I have a condition which makes me over floppy :haha:). I've been having bad cramps the last couple of days and even though I know I've experienced this each time and it's always been OK it is still worrying!

I had some last night that made me fear the worst. They woke me up out of a sleep and I couldn't even stand up straight.. I was in a cold sweat and scared to death.. Turns out, they were gas pains! The most intense gas pains EVER.

Thanks so much everyone! I'm so relieved. The pains were worse than any I've ever had in any pregnancy or loss and it terrified me. I'm going to try and relax now. It's a relief to know other people have been through the same thing and it's not a bad sign.

im so glad you posted this as the last week or so ive had the same.iv been searching the net and every one says mild dull period pain cramps. this as anything but mild or dull. last night i woke up in such pain i couldnt get comfortable.i layed awake for at least 20 mins hoping the pain would fade away. the same thing is happening at work.its in my back and lower tummy. im so relieved to here other people are also experiencing these pains. nothing like baby and bump to give you the reasurance you need:thumbup:

im so glad you posted this as the last week or so ive had the same.iv been searching the net and every one says mild dull period pain cramps. this as anything but mild or dull. last night i woke up in such pain i couldnt get comfortable.i layed awake for at least 20 mins hoping the pain would fade away. the same thing is happening at work.its in my back and lower tummy. im so relieved to here other people are also experiencing these pains. nothing like baby and bump to give you the reasurance you need:thumbup:

Totally agree! Just puts your mind at rest knowing other women have been through it and it's not a bad sign! Hope you feel better soon! :)

Hi I posted this the Other Day, I have them alot more at night when I go to chill out and Lie down :wacko: Mine are pretty bad too, but I take 2 paracetamol and lay down its seems to ease off, Im having a Warm bubble bath and Face Mud pack tonight and Catch up on Big Brother Loving that at the Mo!!

I wonder why they happen more at night? I refuse to google as google makes me panicky lol. Mine are the same, always night. I'm ok in the day bar the odd twinge now and again. Started about Two nights ago, I had nasty period type cramps but last night was just something else. I haven't even felt pain like that in my losses. I've been ok all day though, no more cramps, no spotting at all and cervix is still so high I can't even find it so I'm trying to relax. Might have to start watching big bro to keep my mind off things! Lol

So True, Pregnancy is a weird but great thing, I had a Nice Bath and children are fast asleep so going to watch tv and chill, I have heard Katie price is going into BB tonight :wacko:

I've given up even trying to figure out what's going on in pregnancy. Everytime I think I've had enough pregnancies to know what's going on my body does something new and terrifies me! And really? May take a look for comedy value! One woman I really don't like! Lol

I wonder why they happen more at night? I refuse to google as google makes me panicky lol. Mine are the same, always night. I'm ok in the day bar the odd twinge now and again. Started about Two nights ago, I had nasty period type cramps but last night was just something else. I haven't even felt pain like that in my losses. I've been ok all day though, no more cramps, no spotting at all and cervix is still so high I can't even find it so I'm trying to relax. Might have to start watching big bro to keep my mind off things! Lol

I also get more cramps or stomach movements at night, weird

It's calmed down a little for me at the moment thank goodness. How far along are you Hun? Fingers crossed it stops for you soon. Worried me sick! Looks like it is just one of those pregnancy things. Maybe just pregnancy preparing us for sleepless nights with our little ones! Lol

its also stopped for me now. it was very painful and made me instantly have to sit down and breath, it happened when i was making my dinner once and i had to abandon the food and lay on the sofa. then i couldnt eat cause i felt sick lol... like you said i think its just one of them things us women have to deal with when pregnant:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->