Kina has had her baby!!!

aww congrtulations hun, glad u got your own way in the end, i would report them all for being so nasty to you, But he is abosulty gorgeours congratulations hun

he is lovely! i agree with vicky - i'd be making a complaint, i got treated like crap when i was in hosp having ewan, your birth sound so calm and nice untill they arrived, probably caused you all more stress than was necessary.

awww hun he is gorgeous! at least you got your homebirth, cant believe she made you get out the pool! hows Ella finding being a big sister ? congratulations again :)

Ella's calmed down a lot now. At first she was quite jealous and also really rough with the baby, she's gotten more used to having him around it seems and today she's back to her usual self which is fab.

I think that I might sit down and write a letter and even if I don't send it it will be theraputic to get my feelings down. The MW was good in other ways - she was good at helping me to get the latching right with breastfeeding but she was pants in others. She seemed to thrive on the drama of my quick homebirth and her mobile kept ringing whilst she was here and she said 'oh everyone wants to know what happened' and when she was talking to people she was saying to them 'have you heard what happened to me today? I had a homebirth within 10 mins of arriving'. She also pushed us into having vit k jab even though I wanted the drops and persuaded Matt that it was the best thing to do so I had both of them going on about it, which after giving birth I really wasn't in a mood to argue. Now I wish I'd stuck to my guns about things like that and staying in the birthing pool. It was wrong of her to act like it was a big drama as she got Matt really worried (he went in next door to tell my mum not to panic when the ambulance arrived and started to cry as he was so worried because the MW had made such a big deal of the baby being prem).

Anyway he's here and he's healthy and gorgeous (well I think he's cute ;) ). Having him has definately completed our family (for the time being!!) and I'm enjoying every tiring moment. I am finding it hard to rest and have probably been doing too much, but it's hard not to when you've got another little un to look after and I can't bear mess so I'm constantly tidying. I took Ella to the park and toddlers today and Alex also had his heel prick at the health clinic so I'm pretty shattered from being out and about, we were up at 6am and I'd finished my housework by 9, I'm finding it impossible to sit still for 5 minutes (apart from when I'm feeding). I think I'm trying to prove that I'm going to be able to cope when Matt goes back to work!!

aww hun try and relax and enjoy your kiddies while they are little, you don't have to prove to anyone hun what so ever.

Hey im always doing to much and wondering how maddie has grown up so quick!!!

determined that with this ne im not running around after ppl anymore and chilling out with the kids!!

Sounds like a good idea to get all your feelings out on paper, if it will teach the MW not to behave like that in future then it has served another course.

Glad everything has settled into a routine and ella has gone back to her normal self ... just takes a little time for little ones to settle down, wondering how maddie gonna settle down!!

Enjoy some quiet time with the children and your OH and chill out!!
xxx

Oi woman, try and chill out a bit and relax!! I have done sod all in total since Alfie has been born, but this weekend I am going to have a big spring clean, and I wont feel guilty at all, as I have given all of me to the kiddies so far, so one weekend getting straight and in order will be no big deal I am sure..........although it is a bit different for me as I have not been able to do anything anyay because of the SPD, so you get used to having to leave things and wait for them to get done for you :hissy: so it will be quite an enjoyable task for me to get into it the weekend!

I am glad Ella is coming round now, bless her it is so new to her and she has been so used to having you all to herself and is very young, it was bound to happen...but bless her heart, she seems to be coping really well now and I am sure she will be loving her little brother in no time!

I really feel for you and how the birth went, I was very angry with how mine went too, I had all decisions taken away from me and no one was listening to what I wanted at all, I was very angry and upset for a up to a couple of weeks afterwards.......I have calmed down now, but I when I think about it I still get angry at how insignificant what I wanted was and the fact that I may as well have not been there as no one was giving my wishes a thought!
Why are people like this in this profession?

Anyway babe, how are you feeling in yourself, you doing ok? x

Anyway babe, how are you feeling in yourself, you doing ok? x

I'm not too bad thanks, I'm quite sore down there but I'm hoping it will really start to get better over the next few days.

It's amazing how much of an effect a bad birthing experience can have on you and your feelings. I'm sorry that you didn't have a very good experience either :(

It's amazing how much of an effect a bad birthing experience can have on you and your feelings. I'm sorry that you didn't have a very good experience either :(

i no! to the medical staff its just a job if they are having a bad day and in a mood it can ruin every thing
with Dior the midwife was amazing her shift finished at 1pm but she stayed untill 2.25pm just to see Dior be born and find out the sex. when she left she gave me a hug and a kiss. was such a great experience. but with Harley the midwife must have been having an off day she was so moody and snappy and it wrecked every thing.

some thing we remember forever!!!

but just think about that beautiful little boy that you held at the end of it all. think you done great and held it together, i was screaming i didnt want the baby any more:blush:

You know I think its the thing that worries me most about childbirth, its what midwife you get. last time I had half a dozen lol cause I was there so long.

But they certainly do have such a big effect on the whole experience, cause basically your in their hands, and no matter how strong you and your OH are you cant tell them how to do their job, and by arguing with them you can just make the whole situation worse.

I hope your feeling okay hun, Im a little bit worried about you, with your need to clean and do everything a the moment when you should be resting and having good family time, plus the way the birth went, and your feelings towards the experience, all a bit classic PND causing. Try to focus on the positives more, you still got to have the home birth, and it sounds like their were no complications with the delivery and you certainly have a stunning little boy to show for it all. Please just rest and let OH run around after you all for a bit!

Hiya huge congrags Kina
Alexander is sooo gorgeous just like his sister,
how is it going? Ella enjoying being a big sis.
I'm still here pg and late due for a sweep on wednes not looking forward too that hopefully he'll amke an appereance before then xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->