Kinda complicated...

texasmoma

Reaction score
My fiancé and I are wtt, since we have a 7 month old and the wedding is in October of this year. There's an issue now. I've been having pregnancy symptoms for 2 weeks. In June, I went in to see my OB about some spotting I was having long before my period was due. I'm on the pill so it's only off my a day or two, never weeks. She said the tests could be done but it was too soon to tell. A swab came back with an STD, which she said would cause spotting, but it only did once vs several times. We've done our no sex time after our meds and all is good. Here it is August, I've had 2 periods since, but I'm nauseous, have heartburn, cravings, food aversion. First to hit was itchy nipples. Like crazy. I haven't even thought pregnancy since June because I figured the tests were definitely negative and we'd wait awhile. Now all these symptoms have hit over a course of 3 weeks. You'd think with one baby already I'd know if I shold test or wait til after this period, but I'm still unsure. Please no bad things about the STD, we're both faithful it was a lack of thinking on our part when we first got together. I just want to know other's opinions on this. I try to tell myself that because I want a baby again so bad that my mind is tricking my body, but I honestly didn't think about it after June.

Hiya hunnie, to be honest I think the only way you're going to know 110% and put your mind at rest is to take a test and poas. I hope you get the answer you want from it xxx

That's what I'm thinking too. I'm not sure if it's too early or not. My period last month was similar to the last one I had with my son. Kinda normal and then I spotted for 3 days. It's funny how I had a baby but I'm still unsure.

I'm on the pill but due to a prescription error I didn't have it for the first 3 white pills. And before that was the "period week" of pills. I've had blue and green on those so I call them period pills haha. Should I stop taking it until I test? I don't want to hurt baby if I am.

Lol, I think that's because there is no such thing as 'normal' and the symptoms of pregnancy vary so much from one to another. Plus they're so similar to symptoms for other things like pms that it's almost impossible to tell until either a positive test or the :witch: shows - and sometimes not even in her case!

It might be a little early for a test, how many dpo do you think you are? xx

I'm on the pill but due to a prescription error I didn't have it for the first 3 white pills. And before that was the "period week" of pills. I've had blue and green on those so I call them period pills haha. Should I stop taking it until I test? I don't want to hurt baby if I am.

From what I know you should be ok, there's not much absorbed through your bloodstream at early stages until the placenta develops xx

Patience and I aren't friends! Haha I'll find a way to get through it

I would take a test just to find some reassurance. If you were in fact pregnant, it would be obvious, since you've been abstinent for a long time and would be pretty far along. That said, I've had a few times since I had my daughter when I was absolutely convinced I was pregnant. I had about a week of painful nipples, nausea, exhaustion, just feeling really funny. I've even gone through about a month another time when I could very clearly feel movements just like when I was pregnant. It was incredibly weird! But I wasn't pregnant. The last time, I think I probably just had a tummy bug (ate some dodgy oysters the day before it started), and the time when I felt the movement, I was super stressed with work, so I think it was just IBS. It stopped when things calmed down. I think it's very normal though to have these sort of phantom pregnancy symptoms once you've known what it's like to actually feel pregnant. But I would take a test anyway just to be sure if it's worrying you.

We haven't been abstinent at all. There was a week that we had to be after antibiotics. We waited 9 days. When I'm stressed, I don't get like this. Just have severe migraines. I'm testing after pay day this week

I got 2 this morning from a friend. Took one and there's a very very faint positive. So much so I figured my bad eyes had me sering things. Another friend looked at it and sees the line too. She has 2 kids and took lots of tests so I think she's right. I'll wait a couple weeks and check again.

Pills don't really hurt the baby if you keep taking them without knowing you're pregnant. I wouldn't recommend stopping until you get a positive test result.

EDIT: If you have a faint positive, maybe ask a doc for advice here.

I started bleeding yesterday. It got pretty heavy overnight but has since lightened. I'm pretty sure the test the other day was just an evap line. Guess I'm gonna have to wait another week to find out.

So the bleeding went to just a little when I wiped and is now gone. I thought my period was due today, took a test, and had a faint positive. It's actually not due until tomorrow haha. Still gonna test in about 2 weeks...okay probably sooner unless I get distracted. Just wanted to share an update!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->