Kinda worried about trying to breastfeed our 2nd baby

CountryMama14

Reaction score
I really want breastfeeding to be successful, because formula is crazy expensive. I stopped breastfeeding our first after only a month, because I hated it, it was painful, and I lost a TON of sleep because of it. When I'm hurting and don't have any sleep, I get really moody, and I end up just getting depressed and breaking down a lot. My questions are, how do you deal with sleep deprivation and still function like a normal person? Also, how do you successfully breastfeed a newborn while dealing with a toddler? My oldest will be almost 14 months old when this 2nd baby is born. I'm really worried, here. :nope:

The first month is the hardest. Their little tummies are small and they need to eat a lot. Will you have any help during that time? Will your older one go to day care or will your OH be at home at all to help? I would try to get someone to help with the older one, even if it's just a hour or two a day. Also, breastfeeding the second is lots easier. At least it was for me. You know what to expect, it doesn't take as long for your breasts to get used to it and your hormones will probably regulate more quickly. It's definitely worth giving it a shot. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->