• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kindle Reviews?

JessicaM123

Reaction score
I'm thinking about xmas already...oh dear! But i want to get my mum a Kindle. She enjoys reading and i think she would appreciate it. However i would like to know what the library is like, are there a good range of current, well known books? I know sometimes e readers can be books you have never heard of, not neccesarily a bad thing, but i'd still like to know!

I would just get her the standard £70 one. What are your reviews of them?

Have a look on Amazon for the books you can get easily, maybe look at the genres your mum likes in the Kindle store. I think all new books tend to be released for Kindle now and they're working their way through older books. There are a lot available for free, the 'classics' which you expect but authors will often release an older novel for free (or for a few pennies) just as they bring out a new title, which means you can get loads of pretty good books for nothing. I do like my Kindle, but to be honest I mostly use the Kindle ap on my phone now, it's just easier as I always know where it is! That depends on your mum though; if she's not attached to her phone a Kindle is probably a good idea :)

She's only just discovered technology bless her, my dad bought her a laptop and she loves watching stuff on itv player so she's stopped reading as much, i reckon she would love this, especially as they travel so much. Thats great, thankyou! I think i'm going to go for it, she's not that picky i just don't want to spend money on something that has rubbish books on, but if its classics and stuff then great.

at the moment I have the kindle on my phone and in the space of just over a year I have600+ books and have read them all, I think everyone releases books on kindle now so she should be able to buy whatever books she wants on it and books are generally cheaper on kindle as well. I think I've bought one new paper book since I got my kindle app.

Im getting the kindle paperwhite for Christmas because as much as I love my kindle app on my phone im sick of having to stop reading in the middle of a book to charge my phone 2-3 times a day. you can have certain number of kindle devices on your kindle account so I can still read on my phone if I feel like it once I've got my actual kindle

My mum Is hopeless with technology but loves to read. But was starting to struggle seeing the text in her books. I bought her a kindle and as she isn't good with computer things I loaded it up with the back catalogue of her favourite authors and she is now loving reading again. She loves that she can adjust the font size so its less strain on her eyes. She has found it easy to use and this is a woman who took six months to work out how to send texts on her blackberry even though she had a very similar phone prior to that.

I loooove my Kindle paperwhite. Had been reading on my tablet but this is so much easier on the eyes. And I read in the dark before bed.

Very easy to use too even if she's not technologically savvy.

I have basic kindle and love it. They always have a list of free books and i have never had a problem getting new books. Its easy to use as well

The in laws were dead against Kindles... we got the FIL one and then MIL was yearning for one :haha: They love theirs

I had the basic one, and loves it! Sadly I had to get rid of it due to spending too much money. Nothing beats a proper book though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->