Kindle Vs. Kobo

J

Jade--x

I've decided I neeeed (not want :haha:) an e-reader for my holidays coming up and I can't decide between the three (Kindle, Kobo Touch, and Kobo Vox) :dohh:

I've done all my research on all three and they all have their advantages and disadvantages and my Mum has a Kindle and wouldn't live without hers..But you can't increase the memory of a Kindle but my Mum said she hasn't been able to fill hers yet and she has loads of books..So the Kobo has that advantage and also the Vox plays music and videos aswell as having internet and apps and being able to store photos so really it's more like a PC Tablet than just an e-reader which really appeals to me for abroad as I refuse to take a £600 IPad (OH would kill me if I lost/broke it and this is me we're talking about :dohh:), and with me being able to use the internet on the Vox I can leave my laptop and save alot of weight. But a few reviews have said the Vox runs slow etc.

Does anyone have any of the 3 that could give me their advantages and disadvantages..What they love and hate and if they would recommend it?

Thanks in advance :)

No idea about the kobo. But I love my kindle. It's very light, you can read using one hand without getting tired (I uses it when I take a bath & when I exercise at the gym). I wouldn't read a book on my iPad as it's too heavy. xx

My Mum reads hers at the gym too I have no idea how - I have my ipod at the gym but I couldn't possibly concentrate trying to read I think I go harder in the gym than my Mum though I found I'm really competetive when I'm there - Even with people I don't know :rofl: I have to do more reps or a higher speed/weight etc. it's a good thing though as it helps me push myself a little lol x

Me and SIL both bought a Kindle at the same time, about a year ago, I think we each got it for christmas, so it hasn't even been that long. This past month, BOTH of our kindles went out, broke in the exact same way, and Kindle wanted $80 to fix it. Even though, since there are a million new editions by now, a brand new kindle of the same model would cost less. So, if there is an alternative brand, I would go with that personally.

:haha: I'm the "lazy" type :blush:

The kindle is lighter than the iPhone, & I can't read using the iPhone at the gym (I think it's the colours & light)

Have a Kobo Vox.. LOVE IT. Touchscreen, colour... backlit but not uncomfortable for your eyes. Haven't found it very slow? But yes it supports Android Apps as well

Plus the back is pink!

These were the two I was debating between but I went with the Kindle because it's like reading on paper whereas the Kobo is backlit and doesn't have all the same features that the Kindle has.

Anyway I love my Kindle. I've read 6 books in 4 weeks!!

Me and SIL both bought a Kindle at the same time, about a year ago, I think we each got it for christmas, so it hasn't even been that long. This past month, BOTH of our kindles went out, broke in the exact same way, and Kindle wanted $80 to fix it. Even though, since there are a million new editions by now, a brand new kindle of the same model would cost less. So, if there is an alternative brand, I would go with that personally.

My oh is on his 4th kindle,it breaks and they keep replacing it. I'd ring again!

kobo :) unless u can hold out for the kindle fire :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->