Knackering Day!

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
I ambitiously decided to have a 'big day out' with the baby...

So, I arranged to meet some mates from Uni in Glasgow - one has a seven month old baby and the other doesn't have kids yet.

So, my hubbie drove me into Edinburgh on his way to work, got the bus from his work into the centre (baby screaming all the way), got on the train to Glasgow (baby screaming all the way), met friend with baby in John Lewis (baby screaming - attempted nappy change and feeding - baby being very fussy and the nursing top was refusing to cooperate).

We then met up with other friend who had booked us into a very nice, but completely non-child friendly restaurant in the centre (no baby changing facilities, feeding facilities, high chairs etc). I had to change the baby on my portable mat on the slate floor in the toilets and had to balance on the bin to feed. I also fell over this 'invisible' step in the restaurant whilst carrying Tristan - luckily I managed to keep hold of him but ended up twisting my ankle.

Then Tristan cried all the way home on the train and bus to hubbie's work. Just as we went into his work, Tristan decided to go to sleep. When I moaned about my day to hubbie, he said, 'oh but look he is so well behaved and settled!'

Aaaaahhhh!!!!!

Wow you did so well! I couldnt have managed that when lily was that age! bet all your friends were cooing over Tristan?

Aww, honey. :hugs:

They can sure have their days!

Chase has been having a few of these the past few days!

:hugs: oh honey so sorry to hear you had a pants day, we too have days like that :hugs:

Was friend who suggested the resturant the one without baby then? lol

Andants hun :shock: but hopefully you got home ok, relaxed up ahd something nice and strong ...even if it was coffee lol and your both snug and warm now? No doubt baby been fine all night too hehe x

:hugs:

Was friend who suggested the resturant the one without baby then? lol

Andants hun :shock: but hopefully you got home ok, relaxed up ahd something nice and strong ...even if it was coffee lol and your both snug and warm now? No doubt baby been fine all night too hehe x

:hugs:

Yep - you are right, the friend without the baby did suggest the restaurant! She said that it was child friendly but it was definately not. It was a posh Italian restaurant with 'city slicker' and ladies that lunch types in it - I bet they regretted meeting there for their quiet lunch today! My other friend's baby also started kicking off as well. So there was a nice cacophany of screaming offsetting the restaurant's calming classical CD!

I hate going to restaurants like that!
Hopefully next time will be better :)

Aw hunni, you did so well tho. I cant even brace meself to go into town yet unless its absolutely must :rofl: And for you to go all the way to edinburgh and back was amazing!!! XXXX

we walked out of a restaurant last night because Hannah was upset (of course the waiter scared her and we couldn't calm her after that) but still............it's hard

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->