Kneed advise

shorman

Mum to 2 girl and babyboy
Reaction score
Hi ladie my Bethany is 3 today but I feel so guilty as she is still in nappies and has nappies still the potty training has been going on since middle two's and she is really good knows what to do and she a lot of the the time is fine but also times were she totally refuses ! And then there's the dummy which she won't let go of and we have been really soft on because we felt because we had Caitlin and then Archie quite close between we felt we should let her have it she doesnt have a dummy ever in the day abd aka ways put her in Girly underwear untill she starts regressing and not telling us she kneeds the toilet I really kneeds two crack down in these two things abs the nursury she is going to kneeds them to be potty trainedso tons would be great xx

Firstly, happy birthday to your little girl :flow:

We are not quite there with toilet training yet, but I have heard that for toilet training to be effective the child has to want to train and usually they will lead the way. Going against this though I have heard that having them go cold turkey (i.e. dedicating about a week to them being in underpants as opposed to nappies and just dealing with the accidents as they happen - which there will be a lot of!) can be a quick way to prompt them to train, or at least help them to get the idea.

As for the dummy - just this weekend we have weaned our son off the dummy. He has had one since he was a newborn as he was a very sucky baby and has loved his dummy ever since. It was relatively easy for us - we had already cut it down to just for nap and bed times so on the weekend I thought I would just test the waters and put him down to bed without a dummy. He cried and moaned about it for 15-20 minutes with me going in and out of his bedroom and gently saying "You're a big boy now, you don't need your dummies. Time to sleep" and after that he was fast asleep. Next couple of nights we haven't really had any issues either - though he has asked but we just tell him that he is a big boy and doesn't need it.

Good luck, toddlers aren't big fans of change are they. I hope you get on well x

Thanks Hun i will buy in some more Girly underwear and like you said go cold turkey, and am tempted to put all dummys an live through a few sleepless nights lol thanks hub . xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->