Knowledgeable tempers/BBTers, I need your advice

Lara310809

Mum of 3 girls
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm not actually TTC but I have a good reason to drop in unannounced :winkwink:

Long story short, my gynaecologist has put me on the oestrogen patch to hopefully cure my migraines, which seem to be hormonal - caused by heightened levels of progesterone we think.

The idea behind my using the patch is to sort of smooth out my hormones by throwing extra oestrogen into the mix, to match or even overtake the amount of progesterone in my body; I assume particularly after ovulation, although I use the patch throughout the entire cycle.

I temped when I was TTC babies 2 and 3, but it's been a couple of years now so my knowledge is rusty, and I'm not sure I could have figured this out even then.

My question is, do you think I would be able to see a difference if I temped now, with the oestrogen patch? I still have my old charts, so I know what a regular cycle looks like. I'm just wondering if the additional oestrogen in my system would be reflected in my temps - by keeping them lowered, I assume, therefore maybe showing that perhaps I didn't ovulate?

I am also on the Mirena coil; although that hasn't stopped me from ovulating. I'm not sure if that would skew temp results.

Any advice greatly appreciated

The estrogen will make your temps lower than usual but you should still see a shift after O, although it may not be as dramatic if you continue the patch thruout your cycle

Im not familiar with the estrogen patch tho..is it birth control?

No I think it's a form of HRT. I'm not approaching the menopause, it's literally to smooth out the hormone levels

Then I think you should be good as far as temping!

Temps will be lower with the estrogen.....did doctor say whether it can interfere with ovulation? The body constantly has changing hormones to facilitate O so im not sure if extra estrogen will interfere or not

I don't remember HIM saying anything, but the doctor that referred me said she wanted to get a gynaecologist to look into ways of stopping ovulation, so I assumed it would have that effect. But you're right, maybe it doesn't stop it.

Thanks for the replies so far, I'm checking in regularly so if anyone has anything to add I'll definitely see it. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->