Kony 2012

bump#1

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

This is currently sweeping the social world and rightly so. Take the time to watch the video and spread the word and hopefully bring justice to a terrible man - Joseph Kony - a man who abducts children and forces them into his army, committing all sorts of horrendous crimes. I can't believe i'd never heard of him until today. The word needs to be spread,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Was just going to start a thread about this! Share something worthwhile, lets get that arsehole famous.

This is the Facebook Group -

https://www.facebook.com/messages/503821500#!/invisiblechildren

Just saw this through twitter too x #makekonyfamous

somebody already flooded the boards with this today, i think its all been removed

I've seen it circulating I am just watching it now

We cant get the action packs here but I definitely would buy one if they were officially sold. He needs to be stopped. I never heard of him today but I have even read about him on Wikipedia. What a horrible man.

somebody already flooded the boards with this today, i think its all been removed

It was removed for that reason, spammed all over the forum! A thread in General is fine though, certianly not against having this aired out!

I see it in Single Parents, must of spent ages putting them everywhere.

So many people have never heard of him so it's brilliant that word is getting out. He really does need to be stopped - he's been doing this for 20 years.

also, if you look on facebook your cities have cover the night events where you can take part.

Can you put a link cos I cant find it.. I can only see the brisbane and USA ones.

I'm so glad its going viral. Hard to believe that such an evil man goes unheard just because it doesn't directly affect the government.

I'm glad the thread can stay open :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/102502369880991/

london one but just googled cover the night and your city.

See I agree he is an evil evil man and needs to be punished. I agree that the video should be distributed to make everyone aware as the problems the country faces are horrible.
BUT he's been in hiding away from uganda since 2006.
Also the charity that is making all this has a massive controversy surrounding it in that they are supporting attacking Kony with weapons (yet all of his body guards are children) and pooling money into the Ugandan military.

Heres a pretty interesting article about it
https://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/

I'm not saying it's not a good cause, and people shouldn't support it, I'm just saying that theres a bit more to it.

Im not shocked that this isnt well known as it doesnt effect our safety/money so the media and government couldn't care less.

I cant see any way of taking him down without attacking. Yes his body guards are children but if he isnt stopped then surely more and more children will be kidnapped?

Im not shocked that this isnt well known as it doesnt effect our safety/money so the media and government couldn't care less.

I cant see any way of taking him down without attacking. Yes his body guards are children but if he isnt stopped then surely more and more children will be kidnapped?

Yeah I completely agree that attacking may be the only way, it's a sad fact that children will die as a result of the actions.
But I feel that the charity that is behind the video is more concerned with revenue than justice from reports I have read (not even 30% of their money goes towards helping the country).

children are dying anyway :(

Yeah I completely agree that attacking may be the only way, it's a sad fact that children will die as a result of the actions.
But I feel that the charity that is behind the video is more concerned with revenue than justice from reports I have read (not even 30% of their money goes towards helping the country).

maybe, but imo there wasnt much focus on money in the video, more just about getting the word out so hes stopped this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->