kooky cycles

sounder

Reaction score
hi all - wondering if anyone can explain my kooky cycles.
i have always had a 28 day cycle until 2011 started.
jan - 36 days
feb - 30 days
mar- 26 days
i had a d&c on nov.30 2010 but my cycle seemed to be back to normal in dec. 2010.

i am turning 40 in about three weeks and wondered if this is natural at my age? is this the start of menopause?
we are still ttc for another few months, but it is so hard to pinpoint ovulation (if it is happening at all) given that my cycle is totally unpredictable. fertility friend doesn't seem to help either!
any insight is greatly appreciated.

January could still have been adjusting from the D&C, I know it took my body a couple of months after I had one. And I wouldn't worry about a couple of days either side of your normal range.

My last few cycles have been a bit kooky too but I put that down to traveling and stress (my husband's job is being transferred out of state). But tracking my BBT clearly showed a temp shift so i know I ovulated, my cycles have just been a little off.

I will be 40 at the end of this year, and my last cycle was short too.
I see a RE and get BW and Ultrasounds done so I know definitely that I ovulated early last time.
My last cycle I ovulated by CD9. The Dr's office was closed on Sunday and when I went in Monday morning (CD9)I had ovulated. I had an US and BW on Saturday(CD7) and hadn't ovulated yet.
My lead follicle usually gets to about the same size every month regardless of when I ovulate. So it seems to be mature and otherwise o.k. just early.

Buy some cheap OPK's and start using them early to try and see when you are ovulating. You may be ovulating early and not catching it.
The Dr. isn't sure what is going on, they originally thought it was just one weird cycle but this one is going the same way.

my cycles were a little wonky....they werent quite like yours but would one month be 32 days, next 29, next 31 and I also had a non ovulating cycle. but recently Ive been doing reflexology and I think its tuned up my body and my last 2 cycles I ovulated CD14 and they were 27/28 days long. I doubt its menopause, could be something just irregular with your body or the effects of the d&c.

anyway I just wanted to mention that on my ttc thread quite a few of the girls that had wonky cycles got their BFPs so dont give up. some of them didnt even think they had ovulated but they had. perhaps try and BD every other night all cycle long to try and catch the egg if you dont know when its happening. I use ov tests and started temping to confirm ovulation but am also trying to BD every other night so I know I have sperm up there at all times!!!! good luck :flower:

thanks everyone - i am going for it this month and will keep your advice in mind!
i have cheap opks, temping, going to try maca and soy iso all the while taking vitamins, folic acid...
hadn't considered that i was ovulating so early in the cycle - fertility friend insists that i am ovulating on cd17...but i believe that in the past i have always conceived early.
hoping everyone gets a bfp this month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->