Labour and face masks

Nope, my midwives have assured me it is not safe for us to wear face masks in labour. Therefore they and everyone else involved in my care will be the ones to take precautions.

I wouldn't, you need to concentrate on your breathing in labour

Good thread! I'd probably take mine off. I was totally naked during labour with my first, don't remember stripping off and apparently I didn't care LOL

Good thread! I'd probably take mine off. I was totally naked during labour with my first, don't remember stripping off and apparently I didn't care LOL

I was exactly the same and no idea how it happened! :rofl:

I dont remember anything with mu 2 i was induced gas and air put me to sleep lol, i think if im induced then i will untill i go to labour ward

I had a csec and they asked me to put one on before going in,as soon as I was laid down I couldn’t breathe so I took it off before I passed out,I can’t imagine when u need to concentrate on breathing that they would make u wear one xx

When I had my son in May, the mask came off quickly. And no one was saying anything. They didn't expect me to keep on during labour. I was doing without epidural, on all four (also naked for the 2nd time, also dont know how it happened both times haha!) Screaming and shouting - I would have died and passed out with a mask. I was sweating bullets!

Lol i dont remember anything with my others im hopeing to try pain med.free this time aslong as im not.induced

No I will not be wearing one...my anxiety is bad enough at the thought of having to have my mouth and nose covered whilst not in labour let alone at that time!

Where I am the mother doesn’t have to wear one but my partner will

Absolutely not. My consultant said I also wont need one if I have a section

I'm told we are expected to wear one during labor only when staff are in the room, and can take it off during pushing. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep it on. I get so hot wearing one at work that I need to have a fan pointed on me so I'm going to get a small battery powered one for during labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->