labour notes

MissyMojo

Army Wife, Mam & BFP
Reaction score
is it possible to get a copy of these???

my labour is a bit of a blur, i spent alot of it sleepy and doped up and would love to know more

yes you can request a copy but you have to pay, it can be anything up to £50 i think. I was lucky that they left mine with me until the next day so i just copied everything down.

<3

You may be able to request a debriefing where you can go through your notes with a Mw and then you can see your notes adn take notes as it were.

But yes you can request a copy but you will be charged up to £50 depending on your trust.

I'm peeved as 18 months ago when I had my first baby I kept my notes until discharge, this time they were taken without me being told and I need to see them!

Hi

yes i got mine as i cudnt remember much & had quite a difficult birth i paid £53 for them but to be honest i can barely make out any writing i was really disapointed with them.

I still have mine. Nobody came to get them :/

I still have mine too, she came to get them but i couldn't answer the door in time and she just drove away and never came back :shrug:

I did try and call her but she doesnt answer, i figure its not that important that they keep them right?

I still have mine too - didnt realise we were supposed to keep them :shrug:

might have a chat wth the mw team and see how i can go about getting them - im nots sure where mine will have been sent as i live on a an army camp in cyprus?

ooooo id love to see my pregnancy notes..think its worth the £50..would love LO to see them when she is older so she knows all about how she entered the world xx

My midwife got me a copy, but I was dissapointed - they were only birth notes and I had an emergency c-section - nothing about the labour at all.

I'm pretty sure patient rights in most places would mean you'd have the right to see any of your medical history, including labour notes, but you might have to pay.

They gave me mine here, and went through them with me. Very interesting to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->