Labour pain

Rach276

Reaction score
Stupid question, but what does it feel like? I really dont know where to start wiith pain relief becuase I have no idea on the pain.

i think its diffrent for everyone hun....

for me the early ones are, well like a bad stomach when you get that cramp and you know you need the loo....it makes me walk on my tiptoes lol

Then the late ones are just massive cramps that make you want to push, push push until you feel you'd like to turn yourself inside out, there not that bad tho..........well there not as bad as people think there going to be :hugs:

I would like to know to but i assume its like dioreaha cramps and period pain? my first also. but it dosnt sound nice.

Im assuming the worst which I hope will prepare me abit i think its the fear of the unkown at the mo

In my case, it all started with period type cramps and then moved on. It's hard to describe what they moved on to tbh. It wasn't pain but it wasn't painless. It was like all my muscles getting really tight - like super tight. I managed most of it with just TENS and breathing and tbh I didn't feel like I needed pain relief - I actually felt quite powerful.

I've been wondering how I'll recognise contractions when they start! I get a very tight upper bump most evenings (which may be BH, or just the way bubs is laying). Can you feel the difference between BH and the real thing?

Every one is different hun .
But with both mine here is how it went .

Really bad period pains , I thought i had diorriaha i even tried to go for a poop lol .
It allso ached allot in my back .
I soon realised the pains were labour as they were not constant more like here one min gone the next .
When they say your intuition kicks in it really does , You just kind of know its labour pains if you know what i mean .

Allot of people get confused with B/H but for me my B/H did get real like labour pains esp right towards the end when i was due , But they never stayed they pittered off after about an hour they got less intense and less painfull then stopped .

So the best advice to know the difference Holly hun is to time for a while and see what happens .

Good luck . xx .

I have NO idea what to expect so I am expecting the absolute worse in hopes that it MIGHT prepare me a bit!

The 1st half (up to about 5cm dilated) I just feel my tummy going hard/tight and then the pains start to kick in gradually getting stronger with each contraction. A tight, dragging, aching pain, like bad trapped wind in my opinion....the pain is only there with the contraction though and between contractions there's no pain at all....it's bizarre:dohh:

The end can be quite intense and when it comes to pushing sometimes my pains seem to stop and I wanna rest while midwife is shouting "push":rofl::dohh:

Once baby is out it all stops again....very strange

The end can be quite intense and when it comes to pushing sometimes my pains seem to stop and I wanna rest while midwife is shouting "push":rofl::dohh:

Apparently a lot of women experience this, it's just your body giving you a wee breather before you have to push. For most women the contractions start up again after a few minutes.

Apparently a lot of women experience this, it's just your body giving you a wee breather before you have to push. For most women the contractions start up again after a few minutes.

Honestly....one of the times I could have just gone to sleep as it was such a relief from the pain I'd just been through for a couple of hours:rofl:

I always worried I wouldnt know when I was in labour but believe me you know straight away. I didnt have any pains in my stomach not even 1. It was all in my back. God I dont even know how to explain it. Like very bad period pains that cripple you. After my waters broke I was sent to the hospital for a check and the machine didnt pick my pains up. I said to my antie when they were manageable, Its good I only have pains in my back. How stupid I was to think back labour was easier than contractions in your stomach lol.

Just a cramp of the entire lower body and sometimes the back too. I won't lie it hurts like nothing I have ever felt. But, when I was reading baby books before my first. I expected it to be worse... like the end of the world. I guess it is not as bad as I thought, I made myself sick worrying about the pain... and it is gradual usually... so you feel small cramps and the peak... :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->