Labour supporters and Tony Blair Book

kirmal12

Reaction score
What are you thinking?, has anyone read it yet? I'm happy he thought Gordon Brown was a waste of space though. :happydance:

I much prefer GB to TB lol

As you know I'm not keen on labour, but there was something about GB i never trusted. I suppose it was because he was never elected by the people like TB was. I do think this book is quite damaging though and TB agrees GB did give a little bit too much money out and GB was warned that would be Labours downfall.

I really want this book, i might just have to go out tomorrow!

Tony wasn't elected by the people though he was elected by the Labour Party members who were also behind Gordon Brown. It's a mistake to think that. Our premiership is never elected by the people. Only in the sense that they are voted in by their constituents but if course Gordon was too like all MPs.

I've not read the book nor will I. I think Tony dud the right thing to take the party to the central ground in order to get in in the '90s. But times changed and New Labour didn't. Gordon was a much better man. He was no media darling but he was solid and cared passionately for Labour values. He was the best chancellor we may ever have but perhaps wasn't right for the premiership at that time. I always supported him though.

My impression of the snippets I've heard is that Tony remains arrogant and conceited and continues to measure the political climate by the '90s. Back then we needed to win votes from the Tories but we have only lost 1million voters to them this time. Instead we have lost 4 million to the Lib Dems. These are our disaffected voters from the left not the right.

I think Gordon Brown is a much better man and was a prime minister than tony blair. He was so much more trustworthy. What type of prime minister says these types of thing about someone in his party and his chancellor!

I am a labour supporter for the national elections but think tony blair is as stupid as his wife. You can see him living it up now with his fancy job and tan!

Tony wasn't elected by the people though he was elected by the Labour Party members who were also behind Gordon Brown. It's a mistake to think that. Our premiership is never elected by the people. Only in the sense that they are voted in by their constituents but if course Gordon was too like all MPs.

I've not read the book nor will I. I think Tony dud the right thing to take the party to the central ground in order to get in in the '90s. But times changed and New Labour didn't. Gordon was a much better man. He was no media darling but he was solid and cared passionately for Labour values. He was the best chancellor we may ever have but perhaps wasn't right for the premiership at that time. I always supported him though.

My impression of the snippets I've heard is that Tony remains arrogant and conceited and continues to measure the political climate by the '90s. Back then we needed to win votes from the Tories but we have only lost 1million voters to them this time. Instead we have lost 4 million to the Lib Dems. These are our disaffected voters from the left not the right.

I see what your saying regarding elections, but i do think a lot of people did vote for TB not the labour party. Because he was this young supposedly good looking smarmy bloke who promised loads just when change was needed. It was going to be New labour etc etc.

I still can't agree about GB though, it was all front. Behind the cameras i reckon he was a different man, he proved that himself with his major cock up when he was recorded. He was always bitter because TB got there before him.

You mean when he called that bigoted woman a bigoted woman? lol It was a cock-up however there is a rule in media about not putting out info recorded like that. It happens all the time but because it was Sky they broadcast it anyway because they are far right unscrupulous b*******.

If people voted for their own Labour MP on the basis of Tony Blair's youthful attraction then they don't understand our system! You could say the same thing of any PM that has changed mid-term, John Major being the next most recent. There was no outcry then that he didn't have a mandate to govern. It was the Tories making up the rules and convincing the population we live with a political system different to the real one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->