Labour Times Genetic?

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
So I was talking to my mum last night about my families labour times. Both my aunt and my cousin have had 3 hour max labours for their firsts. So it got me wondering if I would be the same and if this kind of thing is genetic... Anyone got any idea on this?

With me my Mum had to be induced at 10 days overdue and even then I still didn't want to come out :lol: and I wasn't born untill I was 12 days overdue.

When I had Nathan my waters broke 5 weeks early then that night my contractions started and I was only in labour 5 hours :D

My mom was in labor for 48 hours with me and 36 with my sister.I hope it isn't genetic and I can see from Rachel's post that it obviously isn't...

I'm not really sure about the times but my nan was telling me that with her 2 pregnancies she went into labour at 37 weeks. When my mum had me I think I was overdue by a couple of days and my sister they were never sure about because she was very small when she was born.

Don't think so. I am 1 of 3 daughters and we all differed from my MUm regarding labour experiences, actually me and my sisters all had very different pregnancies.:headspin:

I keep praying it's genetic.

I was born a week before my due date. My mom complained to my dad about a dull back ache late one night.
Shortly afterwards she started getting contractions.

I think she got to the hospital at about 11:00pm.
She only used gas & air. She didn't need anything else. I was born at 12:35am
2 hours of labour.

My sister she didn't even wait that long. She was born in less.

Also hope it's not TMI she never tore with either of us.

Oh please please please please please!!!!!!!!!! *prays*

My Mom and my 2 sisters have all had pretty much the same length of labors 7-9 hours. I don't think it matters on the term of your pregnancy, but the labor length can be. They say that your Mom's labor is the best indication of what you can expect.

both my mom and nan had like max 3 hour labours too, so that would be lovely if it was genetic. im not getting my hope up though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->