Lactose free formula.

hairftsher

Reaction score
Alright! I'll make this short & sweet.
After 7 weeks of dealing with a baby in a lot of pain from gas I took him to the emergency room to get this addressed. Waiting for a pedi appointment was just getting outrageous. He isn't much of a spitter unless burped too much or laid down immediately after a bottle. (Which has stopped since switching to Dr Browns bottles) - however, he would cry and arch his back during some feelings - not all. & bring his knees to his belly when he was on his back (which resulted in a lot of nights slept in a swing next to mommys bed. Not ideal). They told me since he's thriving (12.5 lbs, my little porker) that these tummy troubles usually just sort themselves out.
But ladies. He's in so much pain in the evenings, occasionally having episodes in the morning or late afternoon. The doctor was rather nonchalant since the baby is growing so well. (His dad is 6'8"- what's in the cat is in the kitten.) but he told me to feel free to switch formulas and try a lactose free one. After a few more nights of watching my LO in pain I decided "F it" and found enfamil lactose free. Still milk based, not soy, but no lactose. So far he seems to be doing well. Only one 15 minute episode of fussiness and pain last night and it was less than 24 hours since the full switch (not mixing with old formula - which was good start by the way).

Now. My question is. At 6 months, do I switch to regular enfamil 2 and reintroduce lactose or what?
I can totally ask my pedi on June 4th when I FINALLY see her, but I was wondering how this process generally goes.

Wow. Guess that wasn't that short.
Sorry for typos! I'm on my phone.

& thanks so much mamas!

Alright! I'll make this short & sweet.
After 7 weeks of dealing with a baby in a lot of pain from gas I took him to the emergency room to get this addressed. Waiting for a pedi appointment was just getting outrageous. He isn't much of a spitter unless burped too much or laid down immediately after a bottle. (Which has stopped since switching to Dr Browns bottles) - however, he would cry and arch his back during some feelings - not all. & bring his knees to his belly when he was on his back (which resulted in a lot of nights slept in a swing next to mommys bed. Not ideal). They told me since he's thriving (12.5 lbs, my little porker) that these tummy troubles usually just sort themselves out.
But ladies. He's in so much pain in the evenings, occasionally having episodes in the morning or late afternoon. The doctor was rather nonchalant since the baby is growing so well. (His dad is 6'8"- what's in the cat is in the kitten.) but he told me to feel free to switch formulas and try a lactose free one. After a few more nights of watching my LO in pain I decided "F it" and found enfamil lactose free. Still milk based, not soy, but no lactose. So far he seems to be doing well. Only one 15 minute episode of fussiness and pain last night and it was less than 24 hours since the full switch (not mixing with old formula - which was good start by the way).

Now. My question is. At 6 months, do I switch to regular enfamil 2 and reintroduce lactose or what?
I can totally ask my pedi on June 4th when I FINALLY see her, but I was wondering how this process generally goes.

Wow. Guess that wasn't that short.
Sorry for typos! I'm on my phone.

& thanks so much mamas!

Hi there! My little one is almost 5 months old, and since also about 2 weeks old I made the switch to Lactose free. At four months we tried to go back to the regular but he was still having a reaction. Our ped told us to try again at 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->